Live TV - Adding more than one lineup shouldn't auto map the channels

Richard Branches

Richard Branches

I have an m3u list and I use Schedules Direct to map the channels, the problem is the channels get mapped automatically and there is no way to remove the wrong ones, adding more lineups does the same.

By adding a lineup we should:

- Adding lineups shouldn't map the channels automatically to avoid getting channels with the incorrect information since they can't be removed.

- Go to a single list of channels, where we can map every channel independently by selecting the lineup we need to use.

Currently, adding more than one lineup doesn't affect or update the information of the channels selected manually, it always keep the information of the first lineup ignoring the others, for example, if a channel in the first lineup has the wrong information channel, I can't remove or unlink the info and if I select the correct channel in the second lineup, it doesn't get updated.

I count on your upvote for Emby developers to take this suggestion into account. Thanks.

Edited by delacosta78
  • Like 1

Hi yes we plan to revamp our channel management in a future update, thanks.

groenator

Could we also have categories created based on the channels content, like; Sports, Entertainment, Documentaries etc...?

• Like 1

Richard Branches

Could we also have categories created based on the channels content, like; Sports, Entertainment, Documentaries etc...?

They get created when you add a channel lineup from schedules direct, that's what I see in "on now" when using that service, I've seen "episodes", "movies", "sports", "kids" and "news" so far.

Edited by delacosta78

Yes what kind of guide data are you using?

groenator

I have my provider EPG in which is categorized by countries and genre, and I would like to have a view of these categories in Emby, Instead of seeing all channels on one big screen. It's annoying when you navigate, especially when the channel numbers are not that consistent either or use random numbers. 

Edited by groenator

groenator

They get created when you add a channel lineup from schedules direct, that's what I see in "on now" when using that service, I've seen "episodes", "movies", "sports", "kids" and "news" so far.

that's one thing to use, but would be better if I can have categories on top of the Guide menu. 

snodrog742

I echo the Categories request.  My provider lists their categories in their m3u file but Emby seems to ignore this.  PLEASE let this be an option as otherwise the Guide/Channels is just a mess.

That really won't work.  What's being talked about here is the actual EPG data categorized by movie, show, news, etc.

What you are talking about is a general channel category which is a completely different thing.

Take for example ABC, CBS or NBC.  Throughout the day each station will have movies, shows, talk shows, news programs so you can't possibly use this for the EPG categories.

Now where this could possibly be used is strictly in the Channel List.  In that section you could have/use this which could be handy if you load IPTV channels.

Carlo

• 11 months later...
gtmnyc

I'm having a problem, im moving from provider epg url for xmltv to solely SD.. but none of my channels are auto mapped.. ive been using SD for about a year. i can map the channels but i dont want to go thru 880 listing. Is SD meant to auto map?

thanks 

Spaceboy

I'm having a problem, im moving from provider epg url for xmltv to solely SD.. but none of my channels are auto mapped.. ive been using SD for about a year. i can map the channels but i dont want to go thru 880 listing. Is SD meant to auto map?

thanks

nope, if you are using iptv m3u plus SD then there is no mapping. Enjoy and provide annoyed feedback to Luke, although he’s been told this for several years now and it’s made zero difference. Most of us in this situation have resorted to external solutions

gtmnyc

nope, if you are using iptv m3u plus SD then there is no mapping. Enjoy and provide annoyed feedback to Luke, although he’s been told this for several years now and it’s made zero difference. Most of us in this situation have resorted to external solutions

gtmnyc

I like SD because they have a lot of meta and the guide reaches it full potential.. I'll see if I can script it thru sd json and my m3u.. But silly really..

gtmnyc

I like SD because they have a lot of meta and the guide reaches it full potential.. I'll see if I can script it thru sd json and my m3u.. But silly really..

Spaceboy

i agree I’m exactly the same, I use 2 m3u’s one iptv and one a local tv server. But the sd guide data is far superior to the provider epg which is usually only gives you one or 2 days. It took me a long time to set this up in xteve but live tv is my primary usage so it was worth it. Also the fact that it’s maintained externally to emby means I don’t need to worry about anything within emby that can go wrong
  • Like 1

Just keep in mind the SD guide data is the same data you would get for free in Emby.  So if you load the EPG data in Emby there is no reason to pay for SD guide data.

If you are using the SD guide data with a different DVR and then using a plugin for it within Emby then it can make sense to still use SD externally.

All depends on the channel source.  If you have an OTA setup or conventional cable lineup from Comcast, Verizon, etc then no.

If you are using an M3U file then most likely yes.

It has to do with the IDs marked in the M3U file or the actual channel numbers if assigned.

SD or the built in guide data will work the same.

gtmnyc

spent the day scripting to match the tvg id numbers to schedule direct ... run refresh guide... no listing..no auto mapping.. 

My m3u:

#EXTINF:-1 tvg-chno="5" tvg-id="17157" tvg-name="CHANNEL 5" group-title="UK",CHANNEL 5

SD XMLTV channel id 

<channel id="17157">
  <display-name lang="en">Channel 5</display-name>

does this even really work..
doe

Spaceboy

spent the day scripting to match the tvg id numbers to schedule direct ... run refresh guide... no listing..no auto mapping..

My m3u:

#EXTINF:-1 tvg-chno="5" tvg-id="17157" tvg-name="CHANNEL 5" group-title="UK",CHANNEL 5

SD XMLTV channel id

<channel id="17157">

<display-name lang="en">Channel 5</display-name>

does this even really work..

doe

your tvg id should start with a i then some numbers

gtmnyc

then schedule direct must not provide it as i downloaded the xmltv form SD this is all the info provided

.. this is really dumb, and i do realize that i would have manually mapped the channels by... but even when mapping channels why can we only map one, close, open, map the next one  monotonous why cant we map multiple channels then move on.

Spaceboy

then schedule direct must not provide it as i downloaded the xmltv form SD this is all the info provided

.. this is really dumb, and i do realize that i would have manually mapped the channels by... but even when mapping channels why can we only map one, close, open, map the next one  monotonous why cant we map multiple channels then move on.

ok, what i did was use epg123 to download the schedules direct epg to an xml file and searched from there. they should be in the format of the first column of the attached SD.zip

i can try and help more this evening

PenkethBoy

another way that works for me - to get auto mapping

i use channelid=17157 not tvg-id

i use tvg-id for the "number shown in Emby Tv Guide" so 5 for channel 5 (uk)

Also the "Emby Guide Data" line up you choose must match the channelid - or you will get no matches