Search Not Working *3rd Gen Fire Stick*

maxumo

maxumo

When I click on the magnifying glass nothing happens - is there a known issue?

Someone with a Nvidia Sheild over on Reddit has the same issue

There is nothing I am aware of.

Exactly where are you clicking on the icon - the Emby home screen?

maxumo

I click up to the magnifying glass so it enlarges and starts to pulse, I then click it and nothing happens

mastrmind11

wait, you mean the generic Google search from the Shield home screen??

maxumo

wait, you mean the generic Google search from the Shield home screen??

No, within the Emby app!

I’m using a Fire TV stick

post-294784-0-11759000-1522668863_thumb.jpeg

Edited by maxumo

Does the stick have a voice remote?  It almost seems like the app was not given permission to record audio.  The first time you tried this, did it ask you that question and you denied it?

maxumo

Does the stick have a voice remote? It almost seems like the app was not given permission to record audio. The first time you tried this, did it ask you that question and you denied it?

Yes it does have a voice remote

No it’s not promoted me once about it

I’ve uninstalled and re-installed a couple of times and I’ve not seen it ask me for permissionpost-294784-0-59215900-1522670000_thumb.jpeg

Edited by maxumo

• 2 weeks later...
Fratopolis

https://www.amazon.com/all-new-amazon-fire-tv-4k-uhd-streaming-media-player/dp/B01N32NCPM

Same issue but ignored it. It works on 2nd gen fire stick and 2nd gen fire box but not the new one as maxumo is talking about which I also noticed. Search does work deeper in, like searching within library's but not from the main home screen. Nothin happens when clicked on. I guess I should start reporting these instead of waiting thinkin ahh well someone will report it.

Can you please go into that app permissions area and see if it is possible for you to give the app permission to "record audio"?

Thanks.

Okay, then we are probably going to have to adjust something in the manifest for these newer boxes.

Thanks.

Fratopolis

Fire tv has never allowed voice input on any fire tv in emby i have had. what usually comes up is a search text box

• 2 weeks later...
nekoanikey

Hey, got this problem on my Fire TV too. Im using the new Stick.

On the main app screen i can go to the search icon but if i click it, nothing happen.

When im in a library (e. g. Movies, TV Swows) i can use the search.

I wasn't able to reproduce this on either a first or second gen Fire so it must be something with the new boxes.

We'll look into it.

nekoanikey

Made a short vid to show it. Hopefully it will help a bit.

At the beginning it shows the Server and Client Version.

When this black blurry thing appear, its the remote and i press the butten. (vorgot i had manual focus)

https://youtu.be/ozaziKAlnsg

bjbesb

JUST SET UP MY NEW AMAZON FIRE TV AND INSTALLED THE AMAZON EMBY APP.  WHEN GOING UP TO THE SEARCH ICON, I CLICK AND NOTHING HAPPENS.  I GO INTO A CATEGORY AND GO UP TO THE LITTLE SEARCH ICON AND STILL I CANNOT SEARCH.  IS THERE A SETTING REGARDING THIS ISSUE?  HOW CAN THIS BE ADDRESSED?  THE ANDROID APP FOR AN ANDROID BOX SEARCHES JUST FINE.  IF THIS APP IS FOR SALE IN THE AMAZON APP STORE FOR THEIR PRODUCTS, WHY CAN'T THIS BE FIXED?  WHY DID I PAY FOR SOMETHING THAT IS NOT FULLY FUNCTIONAL?  ANYONE ELSE WITH THIS ISSUE WHO HAVE MANAGED TO SOLVE IT, PLEASE HELP ME WITH A SOLUTION.  THANKS.

JUST SET UP MY NEW AMAZON FIRE TV AND INSTALLED THE AMAZON EMBY APP.  WHEN GOING UP TO THE SEARCH ICON, I CLICK AND NOTHING HAPPENS.  I GO INTO A CATEGORY AND GO UP TO THE LITTLE SEARCH ICON AND STILL I CANNOT SEARCH.  IS THERE A SETTING REGARDING THIS ISSUE?  HOW CAN THIS BE ADDRESSED?  THE ANDROID APP FOR AN ANDROID BOX SEARCHES JUST FINE.  IF THIS APP IS FOR SALE IN THE AMAZON APP STORE FOR THEIR PRODUCTS, WHY CAN'T THIS BE FIXED?  WHY DID I PAY FOR SOMETHING THAT IS NOT FULLY FUNCTIONAL?  ANYONE ELSE WITH THIS ISSUE WHO HAVE MANAGED TO SOLVE IT, PLEASE HELP ME WITH A SOLUTION.  THANKS.

Hi.  You are the first one to report search not working when inside the library.  Can you please confirm this is the case?  Can you tell us exactly what happens when you move to the search tab in a library?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry it is taking some time.  We are going to have to order new equipment to try and reproduce because it works on all our test boxes now.

Once inside a library, the search should be a text tab at the top and that should definitely still work...

• Like 1

Is this still a problem with the latest version (1.5.89a 1.5.88a) of the app?

• Like 1

maxumo

My Fire Tv hasn’t update the app yet! Still on 1.5.88a

I’ll try later to force an update