Emby adds no metadata to music collection

kgoode517

What were you trying to do before? The only thing that does is download and install all in a single command. Our instructions are two step. You have to download first, then install using your downloaded file. The end result is the same though. 

gwBGfJ8xvczHo3t

What were you trying to do before? The only thing that does is download and install all in a single command. Our instructions are two step. You have to download first, then install using your downloaded file. The end result is the same though. 

5ac8f44140f4c_2018040718_38_00EmbyServer

Seems like, that there is some difference.

Edited by gwBGfJ8xvczHo3t

dcrdev

5ac8f44140f4c_2018040718_38_00EmbyServer

Seems like, that there is some difference.

I wrote that command and as @@Luke said there isn't a difference.

I wrote that post because the guy I was trying to help couldn't seem to work out the fact that he was downloading the package to a directory other than that of the one he was trying to install it from, so I thought I'd help and offer a one line solution to eliminate user error.

In regards to that screenshot - don't know what's happened there but it would likely be fixed with:

sudo systemctl daemon-reload && sudo systemctl enable emby-server --now
Edited by dcrdev
  • Like 1

We're going to update the instructions with a step version to eliminate this possibility in the future.

• Like 1

gwBGfJ8xvczHo3t

We're going to update the instructions with a step version to eliminate this possibility in the future.

I would appreciate that for users like me, who are not so familiar with linux systems.

Metadata seems to work now. I just try to figure out, why albums show album artist instead of artist in album view. Is there a way to change this?

I am also not sure what happens during the installations. I did around 40 attempts with different results. Sometimes ffmpeg was missing, sometimes emby wouldn't even start...

Will test this setup for a few days and if the audiobook support gets on the next level, i will buy a lifetime subscription.

Thanks anyways, even if it was very frustrating to get emby up and working until today.

Gesendet von meinem m8 mit Tapatalk