URL to Show Certain Views (Current New Movies) for home theater dynamic poster

Untoten

Jdiesel

Not to put @@chef on the spot but I'm sure he could whip something up no problem?. Have you seen his "magic mirror" project? I don't understand the Emby API enough to even take a crack at it but I'm sure there is a few people on the forms with the know how.

• Like 1

Untoten

Oh wow that is incredible I definitely need to check this out. Amazing work @@chef!

But I still like the idea of showing the poster, not so much the low profile, text only part.

Edited by Untoten

Jdiesel

Basically what you need to do is use a RPi to autostart Chromium browser in kiosk mode. You would need to create a simple webpage to authenticate and poll the information from Emby via the API. At least that is what I would do.

Maybe someone more knowledgeable than me can help you generate the API calls

chef

Not to put @@chef on the spot but I'm sure he could whip something up no problem?. Have you seen his "magic mirror" project? I don't understand the Emby API enough to even take a crack at it but I'm sure there is a few people on the forms with the know how.

Perhaps a cross platform nodejs instance with electron (sound familiar... the theater).

You could then load it on any platform.

@@Untoten

For the magic mirror project I used a raspi 3.

This is definitely a project for raspi.

Also the screen could be portable, and hung like a picture where ever you want.

To make it even more interesting I'll build one with an extra monitor I have to see how it all goes together.

I was going to build an LCD window for my computer, but this is much more interesting.

Edited by chef

do you even need an app? it's just a poster. you could do this with a web app/page.

• Like 2

chef

do you even need an app? it's just a poster. you could do this with a web app/page.

Yep, full screen web page.

I'll make it :)

• Like 1

chef

Hey @@Untoten

I almost finished this.

I have a question for you though.

Do you want the web browser to take care of the portrait rotate of the image or are you going to use a monitor that has been set to a portrait setting?

Edited by chef
  • Like 1

chef

Here is something I'm working on :)

It'll run on Pi, or whatever you want, It also does a pretty nice fade animation.

I'll make the "Now Playing" say: "Now Showing", and change where it is located. Maybe across the top. Can't tell in the image but that is 
"Emby Green"

5ab6d54f4c35a_PosterExample.jpg

Edited by chef
  • Like 2

Jdiesel

Nice! I have an old Android tablet I could hang on the door to the theater room. Would it be possible to include a progress bar too?

• Like 1

chef

Nice! I have an old Android tablet I could hang on the door to the theater room. Would it be possible to include a progress bar too?

Yes, I believe it is possible.

Diedrich

I love that idea! Along with “Ends at xx:xx”, or something like that.

chef

I love that idea! Along with “Ends at xx:xx”, or something like that.

Sure.

DateTime.Now + (RuntimeOfMediaItem - CurrentPositionOfMediaItem)

This is going to mean that the webpage is polling an Emby Endpoint. That should be okay though.

• 2 weeks later...
Untoten

Hey @@Untoten

I almost finished this.

I have a question for you though.

Do you want the web browser to take care of the portrait rotate of the image or are you going to use a monitor that has been set to a portrait setting?

Either or would work great.  The most plug and play option would be best.  

Here is something I'm working on :)

It'll run on Pi, or whatever you want, It also does a pretty nice fade animation.

I'll make the "Now Playing" say: "Now Showing", and change where it is located. Maybe across the top. Can't tell in the image but that is 

"Emby Green"

5ab6d54f4c35a_PosterExample.jpg

This looks awesome!   I guess after seeing this, a native, portrait setting would be great.  Just a full screen movie poster in portrait, "now showing' on top in cinema font.  I like the idea about ending at:xx:xx (maybe as a toggle option).  Maybe also a semi transparent clock on the top right?

Edited by Untoten

• 4 years later...
karldonteljames

I know this is an old topic, but was this ever completed?

I believe there was also another module for MMM under development to show latest movies on emby, is that still available?

Edited by karldonteljames

Cheesegeezer
2 hours ago, karldonteljames said:

I know this is an old topic, but was this ever completed?

I believe there was also another module for MMM under development to show latest movies on emby, is that still available?

Search for @chef PosterApp, i think in tools and utilities section.

• Like 1

karldonteljames

I've got it thank you. Not sure I've got this correct or not, but everytime I open index.html it asks for the url, port number, followed by username and password and then the device i want it to follow?

It also shows all recently added posters, not just for movies that the selected user has access to, is that correct?

Thank again.

Cheesegeezer
3 hours ago, karldonteljames said:

I've got it thank you. Not sure I've got this correct or not, but everytime I open index.html it asks for the url, port number, followed by username and password and then the device i want it to follow?

yes because it’s JavaScript it is not a secure platform so authentication needs to be done on every connection to the server 

3 hours ago, karldonteljames said:

It also shows all recently added posters, not just for movies that the selected user has access to, is that correct?

Thank again.