psybertech

psybertech

OK... 

weird one...

My setup basics:

Linux - Ubuntu Server 16.04

Emby Ver. 3.3.1.0

Issue:

My movies library just started crashing the server any time I try to view the ALL section only in a web browser (tested chrome, firefox and IE). Every single time I try. 

This just started after changing some bad primary images. No library scans occurred while I was editing these images (12 movies or so).

• I can browse suggestions, favorites, genres, collections and trailers. Just not ALL
  • All other libraries view fine including other libraries that share the same underlying type of 'movies'.
  • I can view (and play) fine on my Android phone and FireTV. This is great since this is how I view my stuff. But right now I cannot edit anything that is not newly added.  :(

Logs do not appear to show anything wrong.(all are fresh after restart and straight to movies library view and it crashes)

• server-63656904959.txt and server-63656904975.txt are without debug logging off
  • server-63656906875.txt and server-63656906890.txt are with debugging on (plugins are now back on since it made zero difference before)

/var/log/syslog shows a problem

syslog shows this each time:

Mar 17 17:36:31 XXXXX emby-server[10198]: Process is terminating due to StackOverflowException.
Mar 17 17:36:32 XXXXX systemd[1]: emby-server.service: Main process exited, code=killed, status=6/ABRT
Mar 17 17:36:32 XXXXX systemd[1]: emby-server.service: Unit entered failed state.
Mar 17 17:36:32 XXXXX systemd[1]: emby-server.service: Failed with result 'signal'.

What I have tried.

1. I went back to the very last movie image (primary) I edited and removed the entire directory and re-scanned. NO CHANGE
  2. It was possible that my thought about one of the images that I changed is the problem but since the interface was already loaded it might have been an earlier one. So I removed all folders in that time-frame and refreshed the library NO CHANGE 
  3. I removed all plugins NO CHANGE (yes, restarted Emby after each one)
  4. Server reboot - NO CHANGE 

​Not sure what else to test or try at this point.

Any other logs I can view?

Help?!?!

Thanks and Happy St. Paddy's Day! :D

server-63656904959.txt

server-63656904975.txt

server-63656906875.txt

server-63656906890.txt

Edited by psybertech

psybertech

hi, do you have any content under the collections menu?

hello...

If you mean when I click on collections (either through the main library view or inside a crashed movies view [server crashes - restart and then click the link for collections after it restarts]), then yes. It all appears to be fine.

The GUI just won't load the ALL section at first but the links inside the library section work after a server restart leaving the web page where it is (all except ALL obviously) and clicking on the breadcrumbs left behind.

It just seems that trying to browse my main 'movies' library via  web browser just kills the server. :/  :angry: WTF?

psybertech

Did you enable the server setting to group movies into collection?

Where exactly is that setting?

Everything was running great for a couple weeks (new user here so I don't have a lot of past data).

I didn't change any server or library settings before, during or after this first happened but I will check any setting(s) if you point me to them.

Question... grouping into collections implies a plugin (Auto Box Sets), correct?

If so, this happens when the Auto Box Sets plugin is disabled. 

Am I missing something else here... not config related, but understanding of generic understanding of Emby?

FWIW: None of the dozen or so movies I last changed images on were part of any collection (just checked now)...

anyway......... crap...............  :wacko:

psybertech

It's in the server under library -> display.

It was on..... turned it off and no change.  (restarted emby and then server) :/

Next?

psybertech

can you try uninstalling the cover art plugin? thanks.

I already tried that before posting. Before posting the topic I uninstalled all plugins, restarted emby  and rebooted the server and still no change.

My logs should show that, no?

If not, I am happy to try again.

Thank you!!!!

Try removing autoboxsets and covert art. Then shutdown the server and go to this folder and delete all contents:

/var/lib/emby/data/collections

Or rather than delete, perhaps move it elsewhere for safe keeping. Then start up the server and see if that makes a difference. Thanks.

psybertech

OK, so......

sudo service emby-server stop
sudo mv /var/lib/emby/data/collections /var/lib/emby/data/collectionsX
sudo service emby-server start
sudo reboot

Exactly the same........... frustrating for sure...........

psybertech

server log?

New one?

OK....

restarted and here is the latest log... 

straight to movies library after navigating menus............

Been down this road of uninstalling plugins before with no resolution,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

curren.log

Ok but you still have coverart and autoboxsets installed. can you please try removing them, then checking the contents of that folder again to make sure it's empty. then start the server. if the issue remains, please attach the log at that point. thanks !

Can you try running a library scan now, and then try after that's complete? thanks.

psybertech

Can you try running a library scan now, and then try after that's complete? thanks.

Library was updated and the problem still remains. :(

63656967037.txt

Click your user icon in the top right, then go to home screen settings.

At the bottom there are checkboxes about grouping libraries. What are the states of those?

psybertech

Click your user icon in the top right, then go to home screen settings.

At the bottom there are checkboxes about grouping libraries. What are the states of those?

Everything is unchecked....

5aae9996ac944_options.jpg

psybertech

Can you show a screenshot of emby library setup? Thanks.

The movies library details....

5aae9bb21e7f2_Untitled2.jpg

psybertech

OK.. this is resolved.

I have no idea why it started, but I "fixed" it.

It was being caused due to an edit to the movies.js script I made WEEKS ago to increase the items per page from default of 100 up to 1000.  :huh:

When I noticed that everything else that wasn't the web interface continued to work didn't use the same limit, I figured why not try to revert back to 100.

I did that and it worked. I can get up to 333 safely. Would have loved 500, but for whatever reason, there is a hard limit somewhere right now that my system no longer likes.

The 1000 items worked and worked well, but not any more. It still works for my TV section, but I only have 350 shows now. 

I just wish there was some feedback in the logs that would have at least hinted at it.

Regardless... I can once again browse and edit my collection via the browser!!!  :D

And yeah, yeah, yeah... edit the core stuff at your own risk. I just wish it failed initially, not at some random point in time a couple weeks later. If this started months or years after the edit, I doubt I would have thought to try. My next step(s) was to make a new movies db (which would have failed) and eventually a fresh install. All because of a single edit to the movies.js file.

Be warned! haha

Anyway..........

Thanks for helping, Luke!

psybertech

I spoke too soon....  :(

While I can get the interface to load now, I cannot use the pages.

Once I move forward a page or two, the server shuts down.

I set the items back to default of 100 and once I get to page 3 or 4, its over and done.

I can get one more page with the "Group movies into collections" option off. Yes, plugins are back on now and I'd rather not play that game again if at all possible since it all was working fine until it just wasn't with no changes as I have mentioned (aside from editing images).

So... NOT resolved. Just getting closer?

Anything else I can check?