External Subtitles wont work with STRM

jinxy88

jinxy88

@@Luke i see whats going on now, the latest server update has finally fixed external subs for emby theater and webapp too

Now there is another problem, the latest 1.1.40 update for samsung tv has killed strm playback.

everything just plays for 5 seconds and restart in a continous loop now, i tried on 2 tv's, so something with this latest samsung update broke it, because i was using these 2 tv's before the update and besides subs playback was perfect.

jinxy88

edit2: even if you allw the server to fully transcode everything, the samsung tv does the same thing with strm's now.

it plays the first 4-5 seconds then a continous restart loop :(

so please check this @@Luke

attached server log too

embyserver.txt

Edited by jinxy88

jinxy88

edit3:

there is something wrong with the app now, as even with a local file + subtitle it wont display the subtitle anymore

i attach another serverlog

embyserver2.txt

Edited by jinxy88

jinxy88

also tried on roku and its doing the same, seems now after the server update strm's wont work for other apps besides webapp

jinxy88

@@Luke have u tried on a samsung tv with the 1.0.40 update?

i will make a clip when i get home so you see every strm i try to playback restarts in a continous loop after the first 5 seconds...and its doing this on 2 different tv's since the update..

@@Luke have u tried on a samsung tv with the 1.0.40 update?

i will make a clip when i get home so you see every strm i try to playback restarts in a continous loop after the first 5 seconds...and its doing this on 2 different tv's since the update..

That doesn't sound like what you reported before, that sounds like something different, right? That's not about subtitles not showing.

jinxy88

@@Luke yes, thats what im trying to say...since the latest update samsung tv's are unable to play strm anymore :(

as i said i can live without subs but now i cant play anything anymore

Senna

@@Luke yes, thats what im trying to say...since the latest update samsung tv's are unable to play strm anymore :(

as i said i can live without subs but now i cant play anything anymore

This is also happening on the Emby Apple TV app, with negative side impact that it also disables my Live TV iptv channels on the latest Emby beta servers.

What is happening now is Emby server related......

Did a test by reverting back to a random previous beta server from weeks ago and guess what, everything works...... My strm content AND Live TV iptv channels.

Edited by Senna

jinxy88

This is also happening on the Emby Apple TV app, with negative side impact that it also disables my Live TV iptv channels on the latest Emby beta servers.

What is happening now is Emby server related......

Did a test by reverting back to a random previous beta server from weeks ago and guess what, everything works...... My strm content AND Live TV iptv channels.

i tought this was happening because of the app update for samsung tv, didnt think it could be the server...

@@Senna what server version did you use to make STRM's work again?

@@Luke im not blaming anyone, even more i appreciate your support, but i dont think opening 100 threads will help...

I posted here because i noticed this started on the update for samsung tv version, didnt think its server related

And since the external strm isnt fixed anyway for samsung i tought keep posting here the updates.

Senna

@@jinxy88

Because I'm on beta channel for server releases, I always backup my Emby system folder, so I can always revert back to previous beta releases, in case something isn't working, which always can happen when new features in beta are introduced. That is were beta's are for, to test new features and help Emby devs to solves problems with it.

The backup I reverted to, was a random pick and the version was 3.3.1.6. I haven't tested other beta server versions, to see from which beta release strm was broken.

Edit: Done some testing: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/57285-beta-1200-release-notes/page-3&do=findComment&comment=568767

Edited by Senna