External Subtitles wont work with STRM

jinxy88

jinxy88

@@Luke

Samsung SmartTV (UE55KS7502)
Emby Theater 1.0.38

kinda hard to belive how it can work for you this way, since i tried like 50+ movies with subs placen in the same folder as the strm, and with reencoding disabled and no subs will play on any app...
here are the proofs attached from web app and emby theater, cant make one pics on the samsung tv now, as im not home.
i will also send u an archive with strm's + srt files in pm, so you can check them all

Ok, we've just had release 1.0.40 approved. Samsung will hopefully launch that by the end of the week. Please try that. Thanks.

Alphabetically i tested the first two but didn't get anywhere because it looks like the urls are bad.

jinxy88

@@Luke please try now, my server had some power outage, now all the STRM's i sent u are working, only need your magic to fix the subs :D

The first one is working just fine for me in the browser with all transcoding features enabled. If you disable transcoding then it won't work because the video is VC1 and web browsers don't support that.

Please note, this whole time you've been waiting for me to test this and give you answer, while the information has already been available to you on our wiki:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Web%20Client

You can find the supported media formats for each app. If your media does not fall into that category, then transcoding will be needed. Thanks.

jinxy88

@@Luke we are not on the same page it seems, i am not talking about the builtin subs or the codec, i just said "external" srt subtitles will not work for any movie if transcoding is disabled....

@@Luke we are not on the same page it seems, i am not talking about the builtin subs or the codec, i just said "external" srt subtitles will not work for any movie if transcoding is disabled....

The movie is vc1 video, you can't play that in the web browser with transcoding disabled. You can't even get to the point of enabling subtitles.

jinxy88

This is happening in emby theater and samsung emby app aswell, my players are capable of direct playing the files, only problem is it cant display the external srt subs unless i let it transcode, that 4th tick

jinxy88

As for webapp i will give you some now strm files with aac and h264, so you can see its no difference

Here's Emby Theater direct playing. You can see the subs underneath the osd.

5ac51d16e74de_Untitled.png

jinxy88

Ok so on samsung tv app 1.0.38 subs wont play and neither on emby theater for me, with transcoding disabled...cant understand how its working for you @@Luke

Ill wait for samsung to push the 1.0.40 update and check then...

The tv is what im the most interested in, so hopefully with the update subs will work

jinxy88

@@Luke tested with 1.1.40 and unfortunately there is no change for samsung tv, external subs wont work with the 4th tick enabled or disabled.