Synced music interface

dmegatool

dmegatool

Hey ! 

Plex pass user here. I'm giving Emby a spin to compare the two. Here's my only grip so far : 

I synced a couple of albums for offline listening. After opening the app and going to downloads, the display ain't user friendly at all (and is broken). There's no artist or album view. All the tracks are just listed there. I can't use the sort and/or display options as they don't save. Like it's sorted by names by default and if I try to change it to folder, when pressing the back arrow (phone or top left), it just go back to names. Same for the  the display settings, can't make it display a grid, always come back to . It always display the default options no matter what. 

I guess I could live with the folder structure as all my tunes are in artist/album forders. I was just wondering why there was no artist/album view. Worst case I could use a 3rd party player which I can't do with Plex (gj for that). 

EDIT : I've found that if I'm online and goes to my download, I can change the sort and display settings. Display settings are applied but the sort still ain't working. It just show all the tracks in random order no matter what (Folder doesn't show folder, sorted by name asc or desc is the same... nothing change at all). 

dmegatool

Cool cool thx for letting me know. 

Is the "sort order" not working a known bug ? Anyway keep up the good work, I'm quite sastified from what I've seen so far :)

Edited by dmegatool

It's using our generic list screen so that's why the sorting options are there, but they're not actually implemented underneath yet for downloaded content. So that's why it's doing nothing. We will get to it though that it behaves just like all the other screens.

• Like 1

screwfaze

@@Luke How is the offline music functionality coming along? I have been waiting a long time for this so I can use the android app on my daily commute any ETA would be appreciated.

Thanks