Streaming Using DisplayPort Over USB-C

notla49285
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

notla49285

I've just got a Samsung Galaxy S9+ which, like the S8, supports a seemingly-new "DisplayPort over USB-C" function. There's actually no DisplayPort involved, it's a USB-C to female HDMI adapter to enable plugging the phone directly into the TV.

Anyway, I tried it out and all seemed to be working well, however there is no sound output when playing something using the Emby app (video is fine). I thought this may just be the way the cable is however YouTube outputs sound and video, Netflix, like Emby, only puts out video with no sound.

Anybody else experienced this or can offer any advice? It would be awesome if this could work as it means I can plug my phone into wherever I am and start streaming, rather than taking a separate media streaming stick/box with me.

• Solution

Ok, please try 2.9.92 once you have that and let me know if it's any different. thanks.

• Like 1

notla49285

Will do, but how do I get hold of it? There are no updates to my current version on the Play Store?

Edit: Cancel that, I have 2.9.92 now. I downloaded the app from the Emby Android page rather than the Play Store. Will test this again when I get home from work.

Edited by notla49285

notla49285

UPDATE: 2.9.92 works with USB-C to HDMI with sound. When I plug the cable in and press play the phone screen goes black and the movie is shown on TV. There are issues with unplugging whilst playing and trying to skip forward/backwards through the video but I'll test this further and report later if it carries on.

Edited by notla49285