live tv guide

mypanasonic

mypanasonic

5aa26b93824fe_Capture1.png

How do i get this guide view in AppleTV 4k?

It currently shows channel blocks instead of the guide EPG

thanks

James.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

It's planned for the future though.

Has there been any update on this, or a possible ETA? I just restarted my sub for Emby Premiere, and would love to be able to see the guide list view on my ATV.

When is the future - this guide is donkey compared to the plex one, and I'm trying to convert...

You've been saying "future" for a year.  I started moving to emby, because people said the devs listen to the people, unlike plex devs.

Edited by jayhawk
  • Like 2

im85288

When is the future - this guide is donkey compared to the plex one, and I'm trying to convert...

You've been saying "future" for a year.  I started moving to emby, because people said the devs listen to the people, unlike plex devs.

The reality is iOS/tvOS has never been a priority for a Emby. The Apple TV version is ever so slowly crawling along. Unfortunately live tv seems to be behind anything else on the priority list. Apple have stepped up there game by spreading Airplay 2 to more devices this year (eg. Now included on Samsung TVs etc etc) in anticipation of them releasing their Netflix rival. Emby can still get there but they need to invest more resources into it before they lose out.

Personally I use the Plex client on Apple TV for the TV guide and the server side timeshifting.

Fingers crossed Emby gets there sooner rather than later

• Like 1

Sad - I have 6 appletv's in my house... plex is solid on it for movies/viewing, but I find their live tv slow (compared to emby).  I paid for emby just for the live tv - only find the guide is awful.

• Like 1