TV episodes - post play screen like Netflix

ice pube

ice pube

I hope this is not a duplicate!

I would like to suggest a post TV episode screen like Netflix. I don't want continuous playback, I want a screen that lists the next episode but I have to click "OK" or whatever to play it. I have my Netflix set up so after the episodes ends it lists the next episode and I can then select the episode.

Hi, most apps already have this. go into playback settings and enable the next video info option.

ice pube

I realize this, but unless I am mistaken it will just play the episode automatically. At least if I have the Apple TV setting enabled, I get the popup with either Start or Stop. What I am talking about is a screen after the end of the episode, I don't want anything to autoplay.

All you have to do is click "Stop" (or back all the way out of the video) if you don't want it to continue.

This feature was modeled after the Netflix functionality which, at the time, auto played as well.

ice pube

Hence my request :)

I would like to just have it display a screen and require me to play the episode.

bfir3

Check out the options to Play Next Video Automatically and Show Next Video Info During Playback. I'm pretty sure if you turn off the former and enable the latter you will have the functionality you desire.

Check out the options to Play Next Video Automatically and Show Next Video Info During Playback. I'm pretty sure if you turn off the former and enable the latter you will have the functionality you desire.

No, this actually won't work because the info panel only shows the next item in the queue.  If nothing is queued, it won't show.