Synology package location empty

Degsy41

Degsy41

Hi,

I have followed the directions in the tutorial https://emby.media/nas-server.html under Synology to download Emby but it does not pick up any package.

adding the location in to a browser shows only:

Repository Online! 

Is there something I am not getting here?

Is there something else I need to do?

thanks Degsy

evlsmurf

repo is working now but emby server says whats below but synology doesn't have emby update and i can't seam to find it on github for manual update

Version 3.3.0.0

A new version of Emby Server is available!

Version 3.3.1.0 is now available for download.
Please login to DSM and go to Package Center to update.

solabc16

Hello @@evlsmurf

The Synology/XPEnology releases will typically be available within 24 hours, it's there now - have a look around at other posts for more info/background.

Best

- James

DarWun

Hello @@evlsmurf

The Synology/XPEnology releases will typically be available within 24 hours, it's there now - have a look around at other posts for more info/background.

Best

- James

Version 3.3.0.1-1 beta is the latest version being offered through DSM on my Synology DS414 as of several minutes ago.  Has version 3.3.1.0 gone live for all Synology platforms? 

Edited by DarWun

mutu310

Hello @@evlsmurf

Best

- James

H-h-how? https://synology.emby.media has been down for me for over 24 hours. It's not just me, I tested from https://www.uptrends.com/tools/uptime as well. As a result, I can't update to 3.3.1.0.

solabc16

Hello @@DarWun, All

If you haven't already seen, the update is now available on the beta channel. We don't normally have stable releases so close together, and we were in the process of re-tooling the beta channel; hence the delay.

With regard to the occasional issues with access to 'synology.emby.media' over the last couple of weeks, there's a couple of things in play. So, as an FYI, they are...

• Loss of performance due to Spectre/Meltdown
  • The success of the project(!)
  • Sporadic denial of service attacks.

...we've got a pretty good handle on them now, so expect the normal levels of stability to return now; but will continue to keep a close eye on it.

Appreciate your feedback and do feel free to keep posting any queries here.

Best

- James

Edited by solabc16

DarWun

Best

- James

Thanks @@solabc16.  FYI The update showed up when I booted up the server tonight.  Normally I wouldn't ask as I realize there is time required on your end to vet the releases before migrating them to the NAS platforms.  But I thought the fact that I wasn't seeing the update being offered might be related to updates no longer showing up on the emby dashboard on account of mono TLS 1.2 quirks.  I should have realized that the DoS attacks on GitHub might be a factor. 

Anyway, once again all the effort keeping the synology version of Emby alive is greatly appreciated.  

Edited by DarWun

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I have followed the directions in the tutorial https://emby.media/nas-server.html under Synology to download Emby but it does not pick up any package.

Is there something I am not getting here?

Is there something else I need to do?

Thanks

Hi, what model Synology do you have?

solabc16

Hello @@marcelp54

As mentioned by Luke, please post your Synology model and DSM version here, then PM me your current IP addresss and I can do some digging.

There are issues with the latest DSM 6.2 we've been working around, so this could be a factor here.

Best

- James

solabc16

Hello @@marcelp54

No problem at all, thanks for the information - we've identified and addressed the issue.

Best

- James

Edited by solabc16

• 2 months later...
solabc16

Hello @@maverick4285

We spent quite a bit of time, with the help of some of the community members, to see if we could support this platform; but in the end it just wasn't practical.

The missing component is the runtime (Mono) and to port this to the QorIQ P1022 (e500 v2) processor would take significant time/resource; more than we would be able to commit.

We do keep monitoring for any developments, but given the age of the platform and processor it's increasingly unlikely.

Best

- James

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Sorry to piggyback off this topic, but I'm having the same problem with my DS213j running DSM 6.2-23739 Update 2. Any ideas?

Thanks

irfan

Edited by irfan

solabc16

Hello @@irfan

The DS213j is fully supported and I can see we have users downloading and installed for that platform, and the 'armada370' architecture in general.

Can you PM me your public IP address, so I can check the logs.

Are you running any VPN software? Certain configurations have been known to cause issues with outbound connectivity for other users.

Best

- James

Thanks for replying! The weird thing is just as your reply came in I tried again, having changed nothing, and the file is there now!? Installing as I write...

Cheers

irfan

solabc16

Hello @@irfan

How recently did you add Emby to your Package Center configuration? We have noticed that DSM 6.2 can be a little slow at picking up changes.

Best

- James