M3U Channel Numbers

dmfuller

pir8radio

Not sure about everybody else, but I don't want to be messing with m3u and xmltv files all the time... I get them from my iptv source, they change now and then.  I want a solution that allows me to change things once and have it deal with other minor changes without screwing up my recordings and all of that.    EPG for IPTV works pretty well for me today.   So similar function to what they offer would be nice. 

Ok not sure how to do point 1 but I think I got point 2 - do I need to disable the other SD TV Guide Data Providers I have setup and use the XMLTV one instead?

The big Question - how do I get epg to look at a m3u file?

item 2 is found in the Emby server - live TV>TV Guide Data Providers

Point to the epg123.xmltv file

Not sure about everybody else, but I don't want to be messing with m3u and xmltv files all the time... I get them from my iptv source, they change now and then.  I want a solution that allows me to change things once and have it deal with other minor changes without screwing up my recordings and all of that.    EPG for IPTV works pretty well for me today.   So similar function to what they offer would be nice. 

EPG and M3U are different things. Emby, I believe, updates both on a schedule.

Hopstimop

If you don't want to mess around with m3u and xml all the time, then pay your local cable company. You won't have to mess around, just switch on your tv and good is.

If you are cheap and want to use illegal IPTV, then you have to mess around.

You can't have both. Being cheap and being lazy.

pir8radio

If you don't want to mess around with m3u and xml all the time, then pay your local cable company. You won't have to mess around, just switch on your tv and good is.

If you are cheap and want to use illegal IPTV, then you have to mess around.

You can't have both. Being cheap and being lazy.

IPTV is not illegal in all countries... And there are legal m3u's out there for public streams.     And I do not touch my m3u or xmltv files today...     

My previous post is saying lets not work a hokey work around that requires three other apps...  Lets give luke suggestions so it can be done right within emby.

Edited by pir8radio

I don't see why you would have to 'mess around'. You get an M3U link from the provider that really never changes and Emby updates the channels on a schedule.

I assume worst case is they add a channel that you need to map, but that would only affect the guide and not the actual channel.

pir8radio

I don't see why you would have to 'mess around'. You get an M3U link from the provider that really never changes and Emby updates the channels on a schedule.

I assume worst case is they add a channel that you need to map, but that would only affect the guide and not the actual channel.

sorry i get it and agree.   I was just seeing posts about using third party apps to fix things then have emby import it.. blah blah...    I didn't mean to cause confusion.