M3U Channel Numbers

dmfuller

@@dcol, you would just add the three m3u tuners separately, followed by as many guide sources as you need. Then you can use the channel mapping functions as needed. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Went smoothly, need to edit a bit, but the real issue I see is that the XML has labeled the shows incorrectly. Almost every show is shown as new and premier looks like it is the actual new show, but not a premier. Is this coming from iptv-epg? Don't have this issue with schedules direct in nextpvr. All the new and premiers are labeled correctly, This is a serious issue when it comes to the recordings getting new shows only. Any suggestions?

Looks like the IPTV XML file has bad data. new shows have an XML tag of <premiere/>. Actual premieres have no such tag. And Emby labels all shows with no premier tag as new. Here is an example from the XML. Arrow is new and is the second episode in season 7. Legends of Tomorrow is a premiere for season 4

5bca08acc1b02_XML1.jpg

</programme><programme start="20181023000000 +0000" stop="20181023010000 +0000" channel="CW.us">
    <title lang="en">Arrow</title>
    <sub-title lang="en">The Longbow Hunters</sub-title>
    <desc lang="en">In order to track down Diaz from inside prison, Oliver has to align with an old enemy. Meanwhile, in Star City, Felicity's attempts to root out Diaz are thwarted by Diggle, whose allegiance to ARGUS now requires him to keep civilians like her on the outs. Realizing that she can no longer rely on her old team or old methods, a clear-eyed Felicity resolves to find a new way to go after Diaz</desc>
    <episode-num system="xmltv_ns">6.1.</episode-num>
    <premiere/>
    <subtitles/>
    <rating system="US">
      <value>TV14</value>
    </rating>
  </programme><programme start="20181023010000 +0000" stop="20181023020000 +0000" channel="CW.us">
    <title lang="en">DC's Legends of Tomorrow Premiere</title>
    <sub-title lang="en">The Virgin Gary</sub-title>
    <desc lang="en">The Legends find themselves in unfamiliar territory with the Time Bureau after defeating Mallus and eliminating the final anachronism from time. All that changes when Constantine informs Sara of a new magical threat that leads the team to Woodstock</desc>
    <episode-num system="xmltv_ns">3.0.</episode-num>
    <subtitles/>
    <rating system="US">
      <value>TV14</value>
    </rating>

What would be the tag for a new show? Or more specifically, how does Emby determine a 'New' Show. The Premiere tag is pretty obvious.

I would use Schedules Direct if I knew how to merge three M3U's with it. How would I setup a guide with only the channels I want from the three M3U's using SD? Easy to do with iptv-epg, but their data is incorrect.

Don't know how to see the SD XML data. It is embedded in a database in NPVR.

Edited by dcol

There are no new tags in the iptv-epg XML. I sent an email to iptv-epg support.

So if there are no 'New' tags, why is Emby labeling it as new?

Edited by dcol

So, anyone know how to use multiple M3U's with SD in Emby?

problem for me is the three M3U, have over 8000 channels, which I use 200 or so. Don't want to map through 8000 channels, also never saw a way to remove a channel in Emby either, which is why I went to iptv-epg, but they have data issues.

Edited by dcol

That's going to be very problematic with those kinds of numbers.  If you are only using 200 or so channels you want to narrow down your xmltv file to just those channels and then ONLY load those channels into Emby.

Hopstimop

So, anyone know how to use multiple M3U's with SD in Emby?

problem for me is the three M3U, have over 8000 channels, which I use 200 or so. Don't want to map through 8000 channels, also never saw a way to remove a channel in Emby either, which is why I went to iptv-epg, but they have data issues.

You can use multiple m3u files in iptv-epg and you can edit your channels in every possible way you can imagine, also you can trim your m3u file from 8000 to 200 channels. The site was created exactly for this reason.

I did this in iptv-epg but the XML files have issues with identifying new shows and premieres. Every show in the guide shows up as new and the actual new shows have a premiere tag. Actual premieres have no premiere tag.

I am attempting to try epg123 today with SD in Emby and see how that goes. Anyone have experience with that?

Edited by dcol

Now I have the proper info for the devs. SD and iptv-epg use different tags for their identifying 'New' and 'Premiere' shows. Emby follows the SD way. I guess there needs to be a special option for iptv-epg's XML files because they use </Premiere> for new shows and have no tag for actual premieres. They claim they use an XML tag <\shown-previously> but this only appears on some content and not every repeat. IPTV-EPG needs work before it is useful in a recording environment.

In conclusion, iptv-epg is useless for recording and needs to fix their tagging. I have told the devs over there of these issues. Lets see if they can fix it.

Now my project is getting epg123 to work with Emby. I think that is a better path right now.

Don't get me wrong, I think IPTV-EPG is a great service. Just not for recording with Emby. I love their Android app which lets me quickly scan though all my channels in all my M3U's. And, using the app, is a great way to quickly verify which channels work.

A note for the Emby devs. You should have an option to not show labels on the guide.

• 1 month later...

I use http://iptv-epg.com Not a free service, but neither is xtreme-editor. If anyone has any recommendations on a free one, please share. I would prefer to have an M3U editor that is software based instead of online.

Edited by dcol

deecemobile

Hi guys I recently purchased a premium IPTV subscription and I can load the m3u file into Emby but the channels are impossible to manage. I realize I can strip a lot of channels out of the file that I don't need but how do I apply guide info to those channels? I pay for SD already so I have access to a guide. Is it a matter of changing the metadata for each channel and give it a proper name so that Emby can pair it with SD? If so, what is the best way to do this?

Thanks for the help! 

Hi guys I recently purchased a premium IPTV subscription and I can load the m3u file into Emby but the channels are impossible to manage. I realize I can strip a lot of channels out of the file that I don't need but how do I apply guide info to those channels? I pay for SD already so I have access to a guide. Is it a matter of changing the metadata for each channel and give it a proper name so that Emby can pair it with SD? If so, what is the best way to do this?

Thanks for the help! 

use epg123 to edit the guide data

Edited by dcol

deecemobile

use epg123 to edit the guide data

Wow, that looks great. Do you know if scheduled recordings work once you have the correct guide info?

Wow, that looks great. Do you know if scheduled recordings work once you have the correct guide info?

Yes. It updates daily. Been using it for months and no issues. Record an average of 4 shows a day.

Was designed to use with WMC. Just ignore the error when you start it up. Works fine using XML output.

Edited by dcol

deecemobile

Yes. It updates daily. Been using it for months and no issues. Record an average of 4 shows a day.

Was designed to use with WMC. Just ignore the error when you start it up. Works fine using XML output.

Fantastic. I will give it a try. Thanks!

Fantastic. I will give it a try. Thanks!

Two suggestions

1. Schedule Emby to update guide data after epg123 does. Just make sure epg123 has updated first.

2. Point EPG XML location in Emby to \epg123\output\epg123.xmltv

Edited by dcol

deecemobile

Two suggestions

1. Schedule Emby to update guide data after epg123 does. Just make sure epg123 has updated first.

2. Point EPG XML location in Emby to \epg123\output\epg123.xmltv

Ok not sure how to do point 1 but I think I got point 2 - do I need to disable the other SD TV Guide Data Providers I have setup and use the XMLTV one instead?

The big Question - how do I get epg to look at a m3u file?

Edited by deecemobile