Server 3.3.0.0 - Sorting TV recordings

serpi

Hi,

I'm using the NextPVR plugin for recording and now the recordings are shown as an own channel, which isn't a bad thing.

But the first problem of my wife was, that the shows, that she has seen, are now not marked as seen, but that's another story...

My problem here is, that I'm simply unable to get a proper sorting of the recordings.

For example, in one show, there are these files:

5a92a24d1a04b_dirlist.jpg

In the web view, I see this for the show:

5a92a2cc37be0_webview.jpg

And this is the file info for the first entry, which you can see, isn't the first entry of the first screenshot:

5a92a34f38c3a_show.jpg

I can't really sort the recordings, all recordings of the show have the same name, the date added of the recordings are all the date when I installed the new version.

None of the sort options really works.

I think, the "name" sorting should sort first by (display-) name and then sort by filename, in that case, these recordings would show in the right order when selecting sort by name.

Also, I had to add all the pictures of the recording by hand in emby, even that they are on disk (as you can see in the first screenshot), but the channel didn't pick them up.

I could have also refresh every single metadata, but this deletes the description of the recordings.

So, is there any option, to get the recordings into showing the right order?

I might get into every single item and set the added date by hand, but I would prefer an automatic solution.

Thanks & Ciao, Alfred

I have to add an odd thing:

If I enter a single recording (let's take the first from the list) and choose to edit the metadata, I see the following for date added, which is the date, when I installed the update:

5a92a72a69ff6_add1.jpg

But if I enter the metada manager for the same item, I see this, which is the right date and full title:

5a92a85869f25_add2.jpg

Also, in the manager the descriptionis empty but in the single info, it's not (which seems to be the reason, why the description get's cleared, when I choose to update the metadata).

By the way those two edit screenshots are not the same item.

I am guessing you have also added the recordings folder as a regular emby library. The first screenshot is from data coming from the next pvr plugin.

The second screenshot appears to be from emby examining the file directly.

They should be sorting by date added descending, at least I would think.

Sounds like maybe you have your Date Added functionality set to time of import to Emby.  Try changing it to the file system date (Library->Advanced).

I am guessing you have also added the recordings folder as a regular emby library.

Oh, yes, you are right.

I had this done a long time ago, no I have deleted that media folder, thanks.

They should be sorting by date added descending, at least I would think.

I bet, they would, but all recordings have the same date added: 24.02.2018 23:05, that is the time, I've installed the update.

So, new recordings will porbably have correct time settings, but the old one not.

Sounds like maybe you have your Date Added functionality set to time of import to Emby.  Try changing it to the file system date (Library->Advanced).

It's already (and probably was always) set to using the filedate.

It seems, the recordings "channel" just ignores this.

So, it seems I have to edit every single info and enter the date added by hand, to get a usefull sort order.

Ciao, Alfred