Recently Added TV Show episodes not updating under kodi

Dariusz
Go to solution Solved by Dariusz,

Dariusz

Over the last few of weeks I noticed that the section for newly added episodes under TV shows is not being updated in kodi.. it's stuck with episodes i added few weeks back and new content is not showing up..  i tried to reload database from kodi and tried manual sync and no change.. my movie section is ok, this only happens in the tv shows section in kodi.. any way to reset that? i attached my logs just in case.. btw, to make it clear, I do see new episodes if i go directly into a specific show, just don't see them in newly added episodes section..

Log Feb 23-2018.txt

Angelblue05

Do you still have this issue? If you go to add-ons > video add-ons > emby > tv shows > recently added episodes --- That is what's not updating?

Dariusz

Do you still have this issue? If you go to add-ons > video add-ons > emby > tv shows > recently added episodes --- That is what's not updating?

@@Angelblue05 yes I till have this issue... that's exactly the problem I have.. the episodes listed are the same ones that have been added over a month ago.. any new episodes I add are not updating there.. 

• 2 weeks later...
Dariusz

any update on this? anyone else having this issue or has a way to fix this? Like i said, i tried to refresh the library from scratch in kodi and still I have the same issue..  I have 2 different machines running kodi that connect to a single emby server and both are having this problem.. 

I think it would be easier to trace if you could discuss the specifics of an example and accompany that example with the corresponding log file. thanks.

Angelblue05

I'm trying to figure out why it's doing that for you but I'm not sure because it's out of the control of the add-on.

<node order="3" type="filter">
  <match>all</match>
  <rule field="tag" operator="is">
    <value>{Tagname}</value> <---- Library name here
  </rule>
  <label>Recently Added Episodes</label>
  <icon>special://home/addons/plugin.video.emby/icon.png</icon>
  <content>episodes</content>
  <order direction="descending">dateadded</order>
  <limit>25</limit>
  <rule field="playcount" operator="is">
    <value>0</value>
  </rule>
</node>

As you can see, we are using Kodi to build those lists. You could recreate this as a smart playlist. The only thing I can think of, can you check the date added for the content you think should be in recently added? In the webclient, navigate to that content > 3 dots menu > edit info. Is the date added valid? I do not have this issue so we'll need to check a specific example.

Edited by Angelblue05

Dariusz

I'm trying to figure out why it's doing that for you but I'm not sure because it's out of the control of the add-on.

<node order="3" type="filter">
  <match>all</match>
  <rule field="tag" operator="is">
    <value>{Tagname}</value> <---- Library name here
  </rule>
  <label>Recently Added Episodes</label>
  <icon>special://home/addons/plugin.video.emby/icon.png</icon>
  <content>episodes</content>
  <order direction="descending">dateadded</order>
  <limit>25</limit>
  <rule field="playcount" operator="is">
    <value>0</value>
  </rule>
</node>

As you can see, we are using Kodi to build those lists. You could recreate this as a smart playlist. The only thing I can think of, can you check the date added for the content you think should be in recently added? In the webclient, navigate to that content > 3 dots menu > edit info. Is the date added valid? I do not have this issue so we'll need to check a specific example.

so I believe I figured out the issue.. just not sure how to fix it.. couple months ago I refreshed my database of older files on my drive and some videos got updated with newer ones.. those were the episodes that were showing up in "recently added episodes".. once i marked them as watched they disappeared from my recently added list in the main GUI and now i see the real recently added episodes there.. for example I have a season I added on 2018-02-18 (when I look at the edit info) and for some reason that is all that's showing up on my recently added episodes... I have files from yesterday, day before, etc which will not show as recently added until I mark the season from 2018-02-18 as watched.. then I can see my true recent episodes... not sure why but it keeps that as priority.. I can try to refresh all metadata and see what happens...

• Solution
Dariusz

UPDATE**

I actually figured out the issue now.. so the show added date I had issues with was from few years ago.. the season added date was couple months ago... however the episodes in that season were dated year 2038 so it was always on the top of the list for newly added episodes until i market it all as watched.. so i am changing all the episode dates to match the folder added date..

lastly  I wanted to ask, is there a way so select multiple episodes in web browser of emby and to change the date all at once?

• Like 1

UPDATE**

I wanted to ask, is there a way so select multiple episodes in web browser of emby and to change the date all at once?

No, but if you have .nfo files you could bulk edit those with a text editor.

Dariusz

No, but if you have .nfo files you could bulk edit those with a text editor.

thank you..

just curious.. is there any reason why some of my episodes ended up being imported with add dates of year 2038 and 2098?  I have it set to use file creation date if no metadata is available.. i checked and file creatin date was not any of these years.. luckily it wasn't a lot of files to clear up, but I am curious if there is a reason why emby would set it to these dates?

• Like 1

@@Dariusz, my only guess is you imported these with a pre-existing nfo file, and they had that in the field in the nfo.

Apart from that, it's really difficult to try and speculate what might have happened in the past. Can you reproduce it again with a new video? If so then we can should be able to hunt it down. Thanks.

• Like 1

Dariusz

@@Dariusz, my only guess is you imported these with a pre-existing nfo file, and they had that in the <added> field in the nfo.

Apart from that, it's really difficult to try and speculate what might have happened in the past. Can you reproduce it again with a new video? If so then we can should be able to hunt it down. Thanks.

I will keep an eye out for sure.. if this happens again I will let you know..

• Like 1