Sync between Plex and Emby using Trakt

Gilgamesh_48

Gilgamesh_48

I am trying to get my Plex watched status and my Emby watched status synced but I must be missing something because it does not seem to work. In fact my watched status from Emby never seems to show up in Plex.

I will get into specifics and log files if needed bot right now I would just like to have someone who has successfully used Trakt to copy watched status from Plex to Emby post their settings they have used.

Eventually I would like for this to happen:

If I watch a show on Emby I would like that to show up in Plex

and 

If I watch a show on Plex I would like that to show up in Emby

That is I would like the watched status to mirror between the two systems.

I know that is probably impossible in real time but every 15-30 minutes would be good.

WilhelmStroker

It works for me when scrobbling from Plex to Trakt and then using the sync from trakt option in Emby. The other way round doesn't,mainly because the Trakt plugin in Plex seems very broken for anything else but scrobbling, and the the code apparently hasn't been updated in a long time. As I switch back and forth between systems (like you are likely doing), I've resorted to manually marking things as watched.

WilhelmStroker

Provide your server log capturing this issue so we can help you out. What exactly are you doing to get Emby to sync to trakt?

The code was updated @@WilhelmStroker

I know the Emby one has been updated recently and that works brilliantly, but the Plex trakt plugin hasn't been touched in over a year.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

I have my Emby watched status properly update on Plex (not scrobbled). Strange.

@@Gilgamesh_48

Ignore my previous post, can you confirm that your watched status from Emby are on your trakt?

Your post is not very clear about the direction that's not working. You say Emby to Plex is not working then you say you tried to sync from Plex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

Gilgamesh_48

I have my Emby watched status properly update on Plex (not scrobbled). Strange.

@@Gilgamesh_48

Ignore my previous post, can you confirm that your watched status from Emby are on your trakt?

Your post is not very clear about the direction that's not working. You say Emby to Plex is not working then you say you tried to sync from Plex.

Thanks for the replies and thanks to the others that replied as well.

After playing with a few settings and setting many various timers to the smallest values possible (mostly 15 minutes) and removing the "Webhooks" setting in Plex and just using the regular method everything seem to be working as I want. 

If I watch a show in Plex it shortly appears in Emby and id I watch a show in Emby it shortly appears in Plex.

The only small issue remaining is that the response from Plex to Emby is much faster than the response from Emby to Plex. That is if I watch a show in Plex it shows up in Emby within a maximum of 10 minutes but if I watch a show in Emby it can take 20 or more minutes for Plex to notice the change even though it shows up in Tract within seconds. I suspect that is a problem with the Tract Plex plugin and there are a LOT of settings there that might make a difference. But it really does not matter much as I never, except when testing, switch quickly between the two systems.

But my issue seems to have been resolved and things are now working as I want it to.

Just as an aside I posted similar questions in the Plex forums and the Trakt forums and received replies in the Trakt forums but in the Plex forums there was dead silence. That is about what I would expect: Emby and Trakt care about their users while Plex is at best ambivalent. 

• Like 1

Angelblue05

I'm glad you got it working :)

You'll probably have to tweak trakt in plex. But I believe it's set on a timer right? That might be the best you can do. I have my watched status synced once a day to Plex.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
tchirou

Hi Gilgamesh

I have a GEAR VR and I will receive an OCULUS GO tomorrow

I use emby server on my nas and use primarily Kodi on my shield and emby for kodi add-on

I want to use PLEX VR so I installed yesterday plex media server on my nas

Like you, I would like to sync the status and playstate between plex and emby through trakt with the lowest possible timer so I can go from the oculus to the shield to my phone etc etc.

Could you please put some screenshots about the settings you have and tweaked for both platforms ?

It would be a huge help

Thanks a lot

PS : I used the trakt kodi plugin but I will deactivate it and installed the trakt emby plugin on the server

PS 2 : and have you succeded in syncing resume points ?

PS3 : here are attached the screenshots of my settings. Also, i set up an emby scheduled task of importing playstates from trakt every 15 minutes. What do you think ? It seems to work for me for watched/unwatched but maybe you have a better set of settings ?

post-246374-0-28621900-1525342397_thumb.jpg

post-246374-0-86237100-1525342796_thumb.jpg

Edited by tchirou