External connection tool

kaynemo

kaynemo

In my case, I would love to have a way to block a specific IP address (or range of) from trying to login. Emby shows the IP of users, I can see multiple failed attempts to login as users listed in login window from a person from a country, where I don't know anyone. I'd love to have a way to block him from being able to connect.

• 3 weeks later...

Beginning with the next release of Emby Server, you'll be able to restrict incoming traffic by IP address:

5a9a433f9018d_Untitled.png

Enjoy.

That's cool Luke, but it's a whitelist approach vs the blacklist request the OP had.

Without making a formal request it would be cool to expand on what you just implemented and allow/block specific country addresses.  Many people might just prefer to setup GEO blocking and allow "USA" for example while blocking the rest of the world.

Whitelisting is great for some people but you can hit a monkey wrench quick with this when people access your server via work, free wifi providers, VPN, friends house or from their mobile carrier (legit IPs).

None the less it's a great new option to have for people that run a tight ship IP wise!

kaynemo, you might want to check your router.  You may be able to blacklist addresses that way or directly via your operating system.

Edited by cayars

It's a comma delimited list. We could have a toggle to allow it to serve as either whitelist or blacklist.