App constantly asking me to pay for unlock - even after paying

Markolc81
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

jasonsimth

Hi everyone, I've been a very long time Emby user, since back in Media Browser days.  I first started using the Android TV version of this app on my brand new Nexus Players years ago (Paid for Emby Android TV unlock on September 30, 2015), and quickly followed up buying a Nvidia Shield.  I've purchased the unlocked version of the app a couple years ago and have never had a problem until now,  Last night out of the blue Emby would not play any media, saying Playback not supported, Please unlock or subscribe to Emby Premiere.  This message showed on all my ATV devices using Emby, but working fine on my Android (Paid for Android unlock May 2016) phone still.  This morning I paid for the unlock again (For Android TV), it's been a few years I rationalized and I love the app, I have no issue supporting the devs.  All was fine again, but for only about 4 hours.  This afternoon again the app was giving the same error on all ATV devices again.  Something is up.  Can someone help me diagnose?

I have the latest version of Emby Server (3.2.70.0)running on my W10 machine.

The app version on my Nexus Players and Shield is 1.5.32g.

Any insight?

I've submitted feedback through google tied to the most recent purchase of the app also @@ebr.

but why happeng with me it was working smooth on my android phone when it was running on android version 6.0.1 however as I have updated to android version 7.1.1 whenever now I am opening the app it only loads a blank screen on the start up and crashes after a while automatically. How do I fix it?

jasonsimth

Hi everyone, I've been a very long time Emby user, since back in Media Browser days.  I first started using the Android TV version of this app on my brand new Nexus Players years ago (Paid for Emby Android TV unlock on September 30, 2015), and quickly followed up buying a Nvidia Shield.  I've purchased the unlocked version of the app a couple years ago and have never had a problem until now,  Last night out of the blue Emby would not play any media, saying Playback not supported, Please unlock or subscribe to Emby Premiere.  This message showed on all my ATV devices using Emby, but working fine on my Android (Paid for Android unlock May 2016) phone still.  This morning I paid for the unlock again (For Android TV), it's been a few years I rationalized and I love the app, I have no issue supporting the devs.  All was fine again, but for only about 4 hours.  This afternoon again the app was giving the same error on all ATV devices again.  Something is up.  Can someone help me diagnose?

Any insight?

I've submitted feedback through google tied to the most recent purchase of the app also @@ebr.

it was working smooth on my android phone when it was running on android version 6.0.1 however as I have updated to android version 7.1.1 whenever now I am opening the app it only loads a blank screen on the start up and crashes after a while automatically. How do I fix it?

jasonsimth

Any insight?

it was working smooth on my android phone when it was running on android version 6.0.1 however as I have updated to android version 7.1.1 whenever now I am opening the app it only loads a blank screen on the start up and crashes after a while automatically. How do I fix it?

Hi.  If you are talking about the app on your phone, please post in the Android Mobile forum and provide specific details.

Thanks.

How to Report a Problem

jasonsimth

Any insight?

nightowl23

I've been trying to "pay" the in app purchase for my firestick on amazon for 3 months now. Followed all setup suggestions. Continue to get blank screen. Is there a way I can just paypal the developer the $4.83 (cost mentioned) and get the app unlocked? Or is the best option to try the Beta mentioned at the top of the blog.

nightowl23

Immediately after I press the "purchase in app" button the screen goes blank for about a minute then returns to the fire home screen. Every time, no matter if the amazon account is open and completely vulnerable with no security or marketing limitations.

Today I have bought a premiere license and when I went to activate my android tv ask to pay again. I have input the license code in server panel control but can not unlock android tv app

Today I have bought a premiere license and when I went to activate my android tv ask to pay again. I have input the license code in server panel control but can not unlock android tv app

Hi.  Please clear data on or uninstall/reinstall the app and it should recognize your Premiere purchase (or you can just wait until tomorrow).

Thanks.

Immediately after I press the "purchase in app" button the screen goes blank for about a minute then returns to the fire home screen. Every time, no matter if the amazon account is open and completely vulnerable with no security or marketing limitations.

This sounds like a problem with the app store on the device.  Are you logged into a valid Amazon account and is the device operating within a valid Amazon region for the Fire Stick?  Can you make other Amazon purchases on the device?

Also, this is the Fire TV app and not the mobile one, correct...?

nightowl23

Yes it is the fire tv app. Region, valid and all correct. I don't purchase apps at all. I need the emby app for fire so I can use my Bluetooth headphones while watching via my emby server.

Thank You

Yes it is the fire tv app. Region, valid and all correct. I don't purchase apps at all. I need the emby app for fire so I can use my Bluetooth headphones while watching via my emby server.

Thank You

Can you reproduce this problem and then tell me exactly what time (EDT) you did that and the name of the Emby Server you were connected to at the time?

Thanks.

nightowl23

Last night for the forth time I did a factory reset on the firestick. I opened and funded a new amazon account. Opened all the marketing avenues and turned off all parental and security protection. Went to the amazon appstore and downloaded the emby for fire tv app again. Linked it to the server via password. Pushed the in app purhase button .... And Viola ! This time I got to the screen that let me pay the $4.89 to unlock the app.

Thank you folks for your continued support for a wonderful entertainment platform.