App constantly asking me to pay for unlock - even after paying

Markolc81
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Markolc81

Hi everyone, I've been a very long time Emby user, since back in Media Browser days.  I first started using the Android TV version of this app on my brand new Nexus Players years ago (Paid for Emby Android TV unlock on September 30, 2015), and quickly followed up buying a Nvidia Shield.  I've purchased the unlocked version of the app a couple years ago and have never had a problem until now,  Last night out of the blue Emby would not play any media, saying Playback not supported, Please unlock or subscribe to Emby Premiere.  This message showed on all my ATV devices using Emby, but working fine on my Android (Paid for Android unlock May 2016) phone still.  This morning I paid for the unlock again (For Android TV), it's been a few years I rationalized and I love the app, I have no issue supporting the devs.  All was fine again, but for only about 4 hours.  This afternoon again the app was giving the same error on all ATV devices again.  Something is up.  Can someone help me diagnose?

I have the latest version of Emby Server (3.2.70.0)running on my W10 machine.

The app version on my Nexus Players and Shield is 1.5.32g.

Any insight?

I've submitted feedback through google tied to the most recent purchase of the app also @@ebr.

Edited by Luke

DruTheFu

I'm having this same problem as of tonight.  I've used the app for years, having paid to unlock it previously...now asking me to pay for and unlock again.  Thought hey, I use this app a ton, I'll pay another $5, so I did.  Now it's asking me over and over no matter what video file I try to play.

Sent log now, 11:10est. User logged in was Mark. Any other details needed?

I did not receive this log.  Did you get a message that it succeeded?  Or, was the user logged in actually "Kids"?

I'm having this same problem as of tonight.  I've used the app for years, having paid to unlock it previously...now asking me to pay for and unlock again.  Thought hey, I use this app a ton, I'll pay another $5, so I did.  Now it's asking me over and over no matter what video file I try to play.

Can you please follow the same instructions above to send a log from the app after you have logged in?

Thanks.

It was been logged in as Kids, I have both profiles, sorry.

Okay, what server are you attached to?  Is it yours?  Is it an official Emby build?

Markolc81

Yes, my server named SERVER. It's on my local network in the basement. It's on stable build 3.2.70.0.

The emby app I use is the one off the play store 1.5.32g

Markolc81

No, I am not a Premiere subscriber, and haven't signed up before.

The server software was installed from the website, and has been auto-updating for a long time.

Bart91106

No, I am not a Premiere subscriber, and haven't signed up before.

The server software was installed from the website, and has been auto-updating for a long time.

I'm having the same problem on my FTVstick but not on Chromecast. Using the stick it asks to purchase premier or unlock. I unlocked via on Amazon 7/7/16 for $4.89.

Any idea what the problem is? I can access Emby via the Silk browser and play media but not via the Emby apk?

Thanks

Sent from my C6730 using Tapatalk

Bart91106

I'm having the same problem on my FTVstick but not on Chromecast. Using the stick it asks to purchase premier or unlock. I unlocked via on Amazon 7/7/16 for $4.89.

Any idea what the problem is? I can access Emby via the Silk browser and play media but not via the Emby apk?

I sent a log in via Emby Fire tv apk at 8:34 pm today 2/10/18. Running server 3.2.70.0, version 1.5.32a Registered.

When attempt to play movie receive error message "playback no supported, please unlock or subscribe to Emby premier". I don't have premier however purchased unlock (see above).

Thanks

• Solution

If you are running our official Emby install then I'm not sure how you guys could be running into this issue.

In any case, the current beta may very well bypass it for you if you can try that.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Bart91106

If you are running our official Emby install then I'm not sure how you guys could be running into this issue.

In any case, the current beta may very well bypass it for you if you can try that.

Thanks.

Sent you PM for request to join Amazon bets. Thanks

Having this exact issue with the Shield TV. And tried it on my phone and have the same issue too.

Using the official Windows Server and the apps as clients. I will try the beta now to see if it fixes it.

Edited by nihir

allblackhtpc

I initially purchased the $4.99 unlock for the android tv version on 1/3/16 and as of yesterday 2/10/18 it would not play any media, consistently asking me to pay for Emby premier or to unlock. I paid the $4.99 again on 2/10/18, and it seemed to work for the rest of the night, but today I turned on my shield only to be greeted by this prompt “Playback not supported. Please unlock or subscribe to Emby Premiere”. The difference today is, when I try to pay to unlock again (for the 3rd time) I receive an error saying “Error completing purchase. Please try later”. I have used Emby since the media browser days long before the server/client model was introduced and I don’t mind paying on a per app basis, but I feel like I am now being forced into a full on premiere subscription just to continue use.

I don’t mean to sound harsh because I truly do value all the hard work put into this project, but after paying twice the app still does not work.

Bart91106

Sent you PM for request to join Amazon bets. Thanks

I received the email inviting me to Emby beta however the app has not updated and still doesn't play my media. And yes I did indicate on Amazon via Customer Communication Preferences all marketing communications prior to requesting the beta invite. What am I doing wrong? Thanks

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

I received the email inviting me to Emby beta however the app has not updated and still doesn't play my media. And yes I did indicate on Amazon via Customer Communication Preferences all marketing communications prior to requesting the beta invite. What am I doing wrong? Thanks

The email should have had a link to where you could install the beta app.  On Amazon, it isn't an update.  It is a completely separate app (should have an orange "test" banner on the icon).

Bart91106

The email should have had a link to where you could install the beta app. On Amazon, it isn't an update. It is a completely separate app (should have an orange "test" banner on the icon).

Thank you.

The link worked this morning and the beta app solved the problem.

Thanks again for everyone's help!

Bart91106

Thank you.

The link worked this morning and the beta app solved the problem.

Thanks again for everyone's help!

Hi, I received an email on 2/16 to update to 1.5.52a, the test APK by refreshing my apps. However it doesn't update. Now I receive the message on ver 1.5.51a to unlock or purchase premiere, this is the same problem I had with 1.5.30a? I sent a log from the APK this morning. Can you please either update the regular APK or resend me the most recent test APK? Thanks6cbccf731b2da51ead66e126b24077be.jpg8bff822fa614379e23eb80543994f459.jpg

Bart91106

Hi, I received an email on 2/16 to update to 1.5.52a, the test APK by refreshing my apps. However it doesn't update. Now I receive the message on ver 1.5.51a to unlock or purchase premiere, this is the same problem I had with 1.5.30a? I sent a log from the APK this morning. Can you please either update the regular APK or resend me the most recent test APK? Thanks6cbccf731b2da51ead66e126b24077be.jpg8bff822fa614379e23eb80543994f459.jpg

I deleted the test APK from my list of apps on Amazon and deleted the test APK on my Firestick. I then installed the non-test Emby app version 1.5.32a Registered. The app works for the most part. Sideline Color selected color doesn't disappears when you reopen the app, but reappears when you open Options. Also Audio Output = Downmix to Stereo, doesn't work with audio 5.1. This is only corrected when you use Playback Correction.

• 4 weeks later...
Deborahjohnson39

hello I just purchased and paid for the NVidia shield now I download and put on my firetv but asking me to purchase again don't understand I just paid. I only have it on two TV's....PLEASE HELP

Hi.  Very sorry but these two apps are served out of entirely different app stores and infrastructures (one Google and the other Amazon) so they are separate.

This is one of the reasons we have Premiere which gives you both of them (plus a lot more).