Special episodes are not supported by "Next Up" row

Richard Branches

Richard Branches

The original mini series was aired in two separate episodes (S00E01 and S00E02) since I only have one file that contains both episodes, I have to name it S00E01E02, the rest are individual files with the S00E03, S00E04 and S00E05:

Episode.png.c0f799d7657ce471674052c0284603af.png

Edited by Richard Branches

Richard Branches
1 minute ago, Luke said:

Yes I would check the values for each episode.

Each episode has its correct value, I already checked,  but the server is putting those files with that syntax in the wrong position.

Richard Branches

It was organized correctly with the previous server.

25 minutes ago, Richard Branches said:

It was organized correctly with the previous server.

Specials were excluded from next up in the previous release so what you're saying is not applicable.

29 minutes ago, Richard Branches said:

Each episode has its correct value, I already checked,  but the server is putting those files with that syntax in the wrong position.

I would also check the special episode ordering values for each in the metadata editor, scroll down a little to locate those. There's nothing complicated about this. Just look at the numbers for each and that will determine the order.

Richard Branches

I'm going to roll back to the previous server and then I'll take an screenshot of the same TV show, I'm telling you that the server is screwing up the the order of special episodes with the S00E01E02 or whatever.

Just now, Richard Branches said:

I'm going to roll back to the previous server and then I'll take an screenshot of the same TV show, I'm telling you that the server is screwing up the the order of special episodes with the S00E01E02 or whatever.

That makes no sense. 4.5 does not show specials in next up. Again just look at the numbers. It sounds like you're just dismissing what I'm saying without actually doing that 

Richard Branches

I give up, I haven't modified those files, I know they showed up correctly in the whatever version of the server of the above screenshot.

Because the previous version didn't show them at all.

I would also check the special episode ordering values for each in the metadata editor, scroll down a little to locate those.

Richard Branches

This is an screenshot of the server version 4.6.0.50, do you see the episode in its correct position??????

Specials3.thumb.png.234904e222cc02c14627436aa088aa93.png

Again you're focusing on a previous build as opposed to looking at what I'm suggesting. 

roaku
34 minutes ago, Luke said:

That makes no sense. 4.5 does not show specials in next up. Again just look at the numbers. It sounds like you're just dismissing what I'm saying without actually doing that 

I believe 'previous version' for him means 4.6, and he's currently on 4.7 beta.

Richard Branches

I deleted the 4.7.0.1 and downloaded that old 4.6.0.50 where the file appears correctly, isn't it obvious? I didn't scan the folders, I just went directly to the TV show and took the screenshot.

The only difference between the old one and the new one is that the episodes without metadata in other TV shows appear before the first season in the old one while the new one fixes the problem, but the one I'm using to take the screenshots appears correctly.

Richard Branches
11 minutes ago, Luke said:

Again you're focusing on a previous build as opposed to looking at what I'm suggesting. 

It's obvious that the new one is screwing up special episodes with the S00EXXEXX syntax.

I would check the special episode ordering values for each in the metadata editor, scroll down a little to locate those.

Yes, and that gives you your answer. That says that the special should be placed during season 1 just before episode 1.

You've also configured the server in advanced settings to show specials during the seasons that they aired in.

Richard Branches

That still doesn't explain why it puts the file in the correct position in the old server and not in the recent one?

Richard Branches
4 minutes ago, Luke said:

That says that the special should be placed during season 1 just before episode 1.

The other special episodes also show exactly the same but they appear in their correct position, so?

Richard Branches
21 minutes ago, Luke said:

You've also configured the server in advanced settings to show specials during the seasons that they aired in

They didn't air during season 1 but before it, which makes no sense.

I turned OFF the "Display specials within seasons they aired in" option and what it did was to remove all the specials from Next Up 🤷🏼

I also renamed the file to the regular S00E01 thinking it was the reason of the problem but it didn't put the file in the correct position either so I have to discard that.

I give up.

Good night.

roaku
25 minutes ago, Luke said:

Yes, and that gives you your answer. That says that the special should be placed during season 1 just before episode 1.

You've also configured the server in advanced settings to show specials during the seasons that they aired in.

He has multiple specials that should air before Season 1.

His problem is that this set is *not* sorted according to their episode number.

They're all appearing correctly before Season 1, but not ordered correctly among themselves.

Edited by roaku
  • Agree 1

Richard Branches

Another example before I go to bed:

This one also puts two episodes in the wrong position, but the old server puts them in the correct position:

Specials5.thumb.png.c6d3d899c7f9bc0fc8a78e1be6d61a50.png

Richard Branches
10 hours ago, roaku said:

They're all appearing correctly before Season 1, but not ordered correctly among themselves.

Exactly, you've got the point.

Richard Branches

This is finally fixed after 3 years and 4 months, it was worth the wait!. Thank you.

Screenshot1.thumb.png.54f15efe6a98d55732012da0f697b700.png

Screenshot2.thumb.png.2d761dcf62c332856d7cee3898f43dfc.png