Error Updating to 3.2.70.0_1 - Now I'm Stuck

zmediaserver

zmediaserver

I was running 3.2.70.0 in a jail on FreeBSD 11.1-RELEASE-p6. After running a fetch/update ports, I attempted to update to 3.2.70.0_1 with the following commands:

cd /usr/ports/multimedia/emby-server
make deinstall
make install clean

Normally, this successfully updates to the latest version of emby-server; however this time I get an error when installing:

root@Emby-Server:/usr/ports/multimedia/emby-server # make install clean
===>  Installing for emby-server-3.2.70.0_1
===>  Checking if emby-server already installed
===>   Registering installation for emby-server-3.2.70.0_1
pkg-static: Unable to access file /var/ports/usr/ports/multimedia/emby-server/work/stage/usr/local/lib/emby-server/BDInfo.pdb:No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /var/ports/usr/ports/multimedia/emby-server/work/stage/usr/local/lib/emby-server/DvdLib.pdb:No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /var/ports/usr/ports/multimedia/emby-server/work/stage/usr/local/lib/emby-server/Emby.Dlna.pdb:No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /var/ports/usr/ports/multimedia/emby-server/work/stage/usr/local/lib/emby-server/Emby.Drawing.ImageMagick.pdb:No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /var/ports/usr/ports/multimedia/emby-server/work/stage/usr/local/lib/emby-server/Emby.Drawing.Skia.pdb:No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /var/ports/usr/ports/multimedia/emby-server/work/stage/usr/local/lib/emby-server/Emby.Drawing.pdb:No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /var/ports/usr/ports/multimedia/emby-server/work/stage/usr/local/lib/emby-server/Emby.Photos.pdb:No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /var/ports/usr/ports/multimedia/emby-server/work/stage/usr/local/lib/emby-server/Emby.Server.Implementations.pdb:No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /var/ports/usr/ports/multimedia/emby-server/work/stage/usr/local/lib/emby-server/MediaBrowser.Model.pdb:No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /var/ports/usr/ports/multimedia/emby-server/work/stage/usr/local/lib/emby-server/Mono.Nat.pdb:No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /var/ports/usr/ports/multimedia/emby-server/work/stage/usr/local/lib/emby-server/RSSDP.pdb:No such file or directory
pkg-static: Unable to access file /var/ports/usr/ports/multimedia/emby-server/work/stage/usr/local/lib/emby-server/SocketHttpListener.pdb:No such file or directory
*** Error code 74

Stop.
make[1]: stopped in /usr/ports/multimedia/emby-server
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/ports/multimedia/emby-server
root@Emby-Server:/usr/ports/multimedia/emby-server #
I don't know how to go back to 3.2.70.0, so I used 'pkg install emby-server' which installed 3.2.60.0. However, I can only get to the dashboard and play videos through a browser over LAN, but none of the clients - Emby apps or Kodi - can access the server now via LAN or via the internet.

Emby app on Android says "We're unable to connect to the selected server right now..." and Kodi apps never make a connection and give "Emby error, check log for more information" when I try to play anything.

Server log attached. Thoughts?

server-63653570707.txt

woodsb02

I think the build failures are a result of mono being upgraded to the 5.x branch, which uses ‘.pdb’ debug files instead of ‘.mdb’.

The emby port was updated to only support the new .pdb files, but I suspect you are trying to build it with the old version of mono.

woodsb02

This is the issue with mixing ports and packages - you need the keep the ports tree being used to build local ports the same as that building the packages.

If you upgrade your mono to the 5.x branch you will be able to rebuild the newer emby from ports.