Ability to clear/reset "Continue Watching" section of all videos

M_Taylor40

M_Taylor40

Hey everyone,

First off: great program! Recommended Emby to all my friends and I know a few have bought Premiere after being so impressed, keep up the great work!

I was wondering if it's possible to add in the ability to fully clear the "Continue Watching" section in a single go?  Unfortunately I have issues with the Xbox One app sometimes crashing during playback where it no longer responds to controller/remote inputs, although the video continues to play fine.  This causes the episode to appear under the "Continue Watching" section as Emby believes I stopped watching part way through.

I know I can clear each episode manually by using the web interface, selecting each episode and clicking "Play" and then stop, but this has been an ongoing issue so I've already cleared out what feels like 100 partly watched episodes and the list keeps going!  I wish I'd just kept on top of this from the beginning!

If a feature could be implemented where you can basically clear or reset all videos currently flagged as "Continue Watching" that would be great.  Even better would be the ability to configure Emby so it automatically clears the partly watched status on a video if it remains in that state for say 7-14 days (If this is user configurable even better).  I know personally, if I've only partly watched an episode and a week or two goes by, I won't be able to continue off where I left it without forgetting parts of the story.

Thanks,

M_Taylor40

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

Deathsquirrel

You don't need to play the videos or use the web UI.  Just toggle the Watched indicator in whatever app you're using.  Mark it watched and then unwatched.  It will clear from the continue watching list.

ifignella

You don't need to play the videos or use the web UI.  Just toggle the Watched indicator in whatever app you're using.  Mark it watched and then unwatched.  It will clear from the continue watching list.

Yes, this does work.  The problem is it takes forever if you have a bunch of episodes you don't want to show there.  A "clear" button would be a much simpler, faster solution. 

An option to include/not include in continue watching on a per series basis would also solve the issue, for me anyway.  I watch more old tv shows than new (continuing) shows.  These are series I've already seen dozens of times so I have no desire to continue watching any episode of those series.  If I could choose on a per series basis or even have an option to exclude shows that have ended, that would be fantastic and keep all the extra "junk" out of continue watching.

• Like 1

You can mark watched at the Series or even Library level as well which may give you a quick route to clearing the list.

M_Taylor40

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the suggestions, didn't realise that I could just toggle the watched/unwatched tick and marking entire seasons as watched may help as well, unfortunately whole libraries won't as I only have one for TV Shows and another one for Movies but if I split that up it may be an option.

I would still like to see an auto-clearing feature that resets the status on partly watched videos after a set number of days as I think that could be useful, but I understand you guys need to focus on planned fixes and most-requested features first.

Thanks again for the tips!

M_Taylor40

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
ellnic

Could this be added here?

post-38326-0-91010700-1524861808_thumb.png

I know this is a laziness thing, but it does seem like that menu should contain it :)

You can mark watched at the Series or even Library level as well which may give you a quick route to clearing the list.

You can't do this under the 'Continue Watching' section though.  

And I know you're gonna say there's this tick:

post-38326-0-04579600-1524862145_thumb.png

But those overlay pop ups are slow if you're doing a few.

It's not a complete deal breaker, it's just much quicker with the contextual menu. :)

Edit: Ok, just found the click/tap to select multiple and it's in that menu, so I guess you can do several from the continue watching section. I'll eat my hat then. (it should still be in that contextual menu though ;))

Edited by ellnic
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
trusselo

I have a few users with hundreds of random partially watched episodes and movies.

Check/ uncheck would take forever, or check/ uncheck the whole series would ruin their watch status of fully watched episodes.

There really should be a way to clear partially watched list.

• Like 2

Happy2Play

Closest thing we have right now is using multi-select and choosing Mark as Unplayed or Played.