HTTP Server Error processing request

BloodyIron

BloodyIron

I was solving another unrelated problem earlier, and noticed occasionally the logs would throw an error that I don't know how to describe, and I don't know the cause.

The error SEEMS to happen "randomly". As in, while I watch the logs, it doesn't seem a specific action triggers this error, but I could be wrong.

Any possible ideas on what might be the issue? I'm on .NET Core now btw, not the mono branch.

2018-02-05 12:24:24.335 Error HttpServer: Error processing request
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.2.70.0
	Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
	Operating system: Unix 4.4.0.112
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Processor count: 8
	Program data path: /var/lib/emby
	Application directory: /opt/emby-server/system
	MediaBrowser.Controller.Net.SecurityException: Access token is invalid or expired.
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.Security.AuthService.ValidateSecurityToken(IRequest request, String token)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.Security.AuthService.ValidateUser(IRequest request, IAuthenticationAttributes authAttribtues)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.ApplyRequestFilters(IRequest req, IResponse res, Object requestDto)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.<ProcessRequestAsync>d__15.MoveNext()
	--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
	   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.<RequestHandler>d__73.MoveNext()
	MediaBrowser.Controller.Net.SecurityException
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.Security.AuthService.ValidateSecurityToken(IRequest request, String token)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.Security.AuthService.ValidateUser(IRequest request, IAuthenticationAttributes authAttribtues)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.ApplyRequestFilters(IRequest req, IResponse res, Object requestDto)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.<ProcessRequestAsync>d__15.MoveNext()
	--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
	   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.<RequestHandler>d__73.MoveNext()

BloodyIron

The error doesn't seem tied to any shortcoming in functionality, or performance _I THINK_.

I'm just throwing this out there since I saw it in the logs, and figured it might be worth sharing. But I'm not sure if this is actually helpful or not, heh. :P

Are you experiencing a problem?

Since you reinstalled the server recently, this is just an app of yours trying to connect with old credentials from your old installation that are no longer valid. it is nothing to be concerned about.

• Like 1

BloodyIron

How do I go about identifying which device/app is the culprit? This is going through a reverse-proxy btw for split-horizon purposes.

Since you reinstalled the server recently, this is just an app of yours trying to connect with old credentials from your old installation that are no longer valid. it is nothing to be concerned about.

mastrmind11

How do I go about identifying which device/app is the culprit? This is going through a reverse-proxy btw for split-horizon purposes.

Got any notification plugins installed?  I just went through this w/ Pushbullet after reinstalling the server... plugin settings are not persisited.

• Like 1

BloodyIron

Nah, I haven't really seen notification plugins to be worthwhile for me, so I haven't even tried them. So, explicitly, no, I don't have those installed. :P

Got any notification plugins installed?  I just went through this w/ Pushbullet after reinstalling the server... plugin settings are not persisited.