Thumbs as Primary Photo?

andrewteg
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

andrewteg
Is there a way to tell the Roku (or all of Emby) to always use the Thumb instead of the Primary for image?  Or a way to change the metadata or filesystem/database to trick Emby into thinking the Thumb is the Primary image?

I ask because I have my Movies set to mixed content because my family likes the folder view better (easier to find kids movies, topics, etc) and it works great but it uses the posters to show the movies in a 16:9 format so the thumb view would look a lot better than the poster image all stretched out.

For a visual, web-view on my browser looks great but roku-view is just stretched in the attached images.

I switched it to "Movies" type and it looks fabulous, as does our TV Shows section, so I want to say thanks for that too!

Thanks,

Andrew

PS > I found https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/50844-can-we-get-thumb-view-for-posters/ which sounds close but since I'm new I wasn't 100% sure if we were asking the same thing.  If we are I apologize since it's been asked and answered!

post-69330-0-59752100-1517711462_thumb.jpg

post-69330-0-55241100-1517711468_thumb.jpg

I switched it to "Movies" type and it looks fabulous, as does our TV Shows section, so I want to say thanks for that too!

Does that not solve your problem?

andrewteg

Well as I mentioned my family likes the folder view better. If I make it a type of Movies I can't figure out how to keep the folder view options.  If it's possible to use type Movies and have folders, that solves my problem too so I'm happy to take either route if either is possible :)

• Solution

When you go to the folder browsing view you give up some of the "nicety" features related to us knowing exactly what kind of content we are going to encounter.  With the dedicated libraries, the apps can make better default decisions for that particular content type.  Without that restriction, we have to be more generic.

There is a possibility we can improve this in some of the apps in the future.

For right now, for this specific app, you can at least stop it from distorting the images by enabling enhanced images in the settings.  This will not make them show exactly how you want but it will stop stretching them.

• Like 1

andrewteg

That works :)  Thanks, and I would consider this answered as that makes perfect sense and I appreciate the support!