Keeps syncing and synching

chjohans

No one is saying it's your fault. :)

We are just trying to determine where the issue lies. Please let me know for your scheduled tasks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may be able to provide some logs that could be more helpful. I'm running no 3rd party programs to handle metadata, I let Emby handle all of it. Are you looking for kodi logs or server logs?

As I type this I just watched an incremental sync come up for 18 items including American Pie, American Pie 2, and a couple Harry Potter movies. All of which I know haven't been touched in ages. 

chjohans

No one is saying it's your fault. :)

We are just trying to determine where the issue lies. Please let me know for your scheduled tasks.

MCM is not doing anything actively, it is just collecting the initial metadata (.nfo, .xml, various art) and then Emby takes it from there.

See the attachment for my scheduled tasks. No changes there in a long time, except I added the Blurn plugin a while ago. I have always used trakt, need it to sync played status between two Emby installations. That's not what's causing the massive sycing.

Thinking about it pretty much the only change I have made in a long long time is that I added the Blurn plugin. It's probably a longshot but I will uninstall it and see if it makes any difference.

post-3090-0-64916300-1518133252_thumb.jpg

Angelblue05

You could just disable tasks from running instead of fully uninstalling if you wish. It's all about finding that trigger.

Angelblue05

I may be able to provide some logs that could be more helpful. I'm running no 3rd party programs to handle metadata, I let Emby handle all of it. Are you looking for kodi logs or server logs?

As I type this I just watched an incremental sync come up for 18 items including American Pie, American Pie 2, and a couple Harry Potter movies. All of which I know haven't been touched in ages.

Server log. The issue does not come from the add-on. It just picks up on it because the server triggers websocket events for your content. The only useful thing you'll find in the Kodi log is the title associated with the item id (making it easier to track down specific items).

chjohans

Where can I find all metadata that Emby stores for a spesific movie? Looking for all the metadata Emby has stored for the title "Gravity" with itemid 8430d83a1285fd3d5616c3ee08cb1cb3. Whatever metadata Emby downloads is not stored in my movie library but in a separate folder, but I can't quite figure out the folder structure. I thought I would dig a bit and see what is updated and when, it the file structure allows me to do that.

Anyone?

chjohans

They syncing continues, removing the BlurN plugin made no difference :)

I did a search in the Emby metadata directory for files modified today, and this is what I found that was updated today:

* A few "people", about 80 or so, including pictures (folder.jpg)

* A few "chapter" graphic files - less than 50

* 221 files named "channelmediasources.json, from the content I guess they point to trailers (tested and some of the links they contain works and some don't)

In total I found 347 files that was modified today.

Could any of this trigger massive syncs? It would surprise me if it did, but I have to ask :)

• Like 1

Chapters and people yes. Well maybe depending on settings. If you turned on the nfo setting to save image paths in folders then with the current release server this will cause some media to get hosted anytime people are saved.

chjohans

You'd have to open the database file

Not saying I will do that, but what format is it and where is the DB stored?

chjohans

Chapters and people yes. Well maybe depending on settings. If you turned on the nfo setting to save image paths in folders then with the current release server this will cause some media to get hosted anytime people are saved.

I don't have that option on, that would write to the nfo (which Emby can't anyhow) and then trigger a sync I guess.

Anyhow the small number here can't possibly explain literally thousands of syncs daily.

chjohans

I have "Cinema mode" enabled and that uses trailers I guess.

Current plugins:

Auto Box Sets

BlurN

CoverArt

DVBLink

Emby.Kodi SYnc Quene

GenreCleaner

MediaPortal

Podcasts

Pushover Notifications

Reports

Backup & Restore

Emby Statistics

Studio Cleaner

Trailers

trakt

emby .XML (I uninstalled this to test, no difference, but it's still uninstalled)

I've had this setup for a long time, except BlurN which I recently installed and "Reports" is also quite new.

Since you have a lot of plugins installed, I would suggest removing them all and looking at this from the perspective of the core server.

Trakt, trailers, pushover, podcasts, email and cover art should be unrelated though so you can keep those.

• Like 1

Processing update: 8888 items: 0%

Largest sync that I've seen ever, this is getting from bad to worse

Unfortunately this isn't really helping us troubleshoot. It's better to focus our attention on why. I would set the server logging to enable debug logging.

• Like 1

Server log. The issue does not come from the add-on. It just picks up on it because the server triggers websocket events for your content. The only useful thing you'll find in the Kodi log is the title associated with the item id (making it easier to track down specific items).

Last 2 server logs attached.

The 2 titles that jumped out at me last time I noticed were American Pie and American Pie 2. There were also some Harry Potter movies but I couldn't tell you which ones since to me they're all the same. I did have one box sync 28,000 some entries at once yesterday, may be able to find that one in there.

Log.txt

Log (1).txt

chjohans

Unfortunately this isn't really helping us troubleshoot. It's better to focus our attention on why. I would set the server logging to enable debug logging.

No, but it might tell you something about the severity of the issue.

I can enable debug logging, if someone will read the debug info later. Otherwise it's useless as I don't know enough about the internals to interpret the debug messages anyhow. And I'm running out of time I have to spend on this issue.

If you meant to ask me to enable debug logging and post my log here so you can have a look at it then I'll do that, please let me know. :)

chjohans

Since you have a lot of plugins installed, I would suggest removing them all and looking at this from the perspective of the core server.

Trakt, trailers, pushover, podcasts, email and cover art should be unrelated though so you can keep those.

OK, I will do that on my second server.

chjohans

You'd have to open the database file

Not saying I will do that, but what format is it and where is the DB stored?

Location and format for the database please?

If it's MySQL/MariaDB it should be fairly easy to read, but any other format should be doable as well.

Having the same problem since a few days. After watching something Emby just does an incremental sync and it keeps getting a little larger (30>40) each time but thus far they have all been movies I added last.

Edited by markdj

Having the same problem since a few days. After watching something Emby just does an incremental sync and it keeps getting a little larger (30>40) each time but thus far they have all been movies I added last.

Hi there, can you please discuss specific examples based on the questions we've asked in this topic? thanks !

Hi there, can you please discuss specific examples based on the questions we've asked in this topic? thanks !

I've added a few 4K movies last week and some other regular movies, but now every time I have watched something it first syncs the latest 30 movies (but it looks like it quits the process halfway through somehow) and then the thing I had just watched. And every time the counter keeps going up (I think it's sitting at 42 now). It only happens with movies. I haven't yet seen any episodes appear during this incremental syncing process. I've repaired and completely reset the database, but without any results thus far.

Also, come to think of it, I only see movies appear that I locked because I didn't want Emby to change them.

Sorry that I don't have any real specific examples. Can I provide something else that might help?

Edited by markdj

Please attach the emby for kodi log as well as the emby server log from one of those examples. thanks.