Keeps syncing and synching

chjohans

Please attach the emby for kodi log as well as the emby server log from one of those examples. thanks.

I would but the server log is over 450MB  :huh:  Any way to downsize it?

It's might be best that we see the whole thing, but one possible way to downsize it would be to restart the server, then recreate the scenario, and capture the complete log file.

Elguapo361

I turned on debugging in Kodi (SPMC), the restarted the app. Emby for Kodi then did a quick sync consisting of 1297 items, taking about 10 minutes to complete on my Shield.

As a data point, the movie Tombstone (1993) appears in the update list. No file in its directories has been touched since 2016. I am baffled by why any of these items would be called to update.

I am attaching my SMPC log and my Emby Server log for the time period.

Log.txt

spmc.log

• Like 1

I turned on debugging in Kodi (SPMC), the restarted the app. Emby for Kodi then did a quick sync consisting of 1297 items, taking about 10 minutes to complete on my Shield.

As a data point, the movie Tombstone (1993) appears in the update list. No file in its directories has been touched since 2016. I am baffled by why any of these items would be called to update.

I am attaching my SMPC log and my Emby Server log for the time period.

Indeed the server is refreshing the Tombstone item, and following the refresh kodi will then sync it. So now that we have an example, now let's look at why.

Can you show a screenshot of the contents of the tombstone folder? thanks.

• Like 1

Elguapo361

Sorry, totally missed the reply in my email the other day. I have attached screenshots of the Tombstone directory, as well as the subdirectories under it.

Nothing modified past 2016.

On a side note, I noticed my add-on has updated to 3.0.11A, and it seems to be working correctly again with a brief 4 item update when i restarted SPMC this evening. The change log doesn't seem to have anything in reference to this issue, but I wonder if something got inadvertantly fixed. Server is still on Version 3.2.70.0, though.  I'll keep an eye on it over the next few days and see how things are running.

post-49757-0-21903600-1518593900_thumb.png

post-49757-0-19863700-1518593951_thumb.png

post-49757-0-40170300-1518594009_thumb.png

post-49757-0-53850000-1518594075_thumb.png

Angelblue05

Nothing like that changed with 3.0.11a

This was only to fix playback report and update the image url to remove maxheight/maxwidth. Nothing regarding updates received/processed from the server.

Keep us posted :)

chjohans

Assuming this is the version number for the Emby Kodi addon. Mine is consistently version 2.3.62a across all my installations, this is with Kodi 17 Krypton. May I assume the 3.x versions are for Kodi 18 Leia?

chjohans

This is very strange. When I checked the version numbers again my Emby for Kodi addon on my OSMC Raspberry Pi now says version 3.0.11a, when I posted the above it said version 2.3.62a. I checked for updates but none were available, and auto update is enabled. OSMC is basically Ubuntu with Kodi (17 Krypton).

On my 2 Windows 10 installations Emby for Kodi is still version 2.3.62a, and no updates are available. Again auto update is enabled. Running Kodi 17 Krypton here too.

I used the same repository to install Emby for Kodi, so why the version number differences?

#Edit: Answering myself here, it appears that on the OSMC I had added the Emby for Kodi beta repository as well, since I've recently installed EmbyCon. I sede now that version 3.0.11a is from the beta repository.

Elguapo361

Nothing like that changed with 3.0.11a

This was only to fix playback report and update the image url to remove maxheight/maxwidth. Nothing regarding updates received/processed from the server.

Keep us posted :)

Well, I'm now watching my client quick sync 1297 items. So, I guess I was premature in saying it was working correctly. Back to wondering why these items are being tagged for update.

chjohans

My servers are still going strong and syncing thousands of items every day, none of which have been updated recently. So whenever their actually is an update, like a new TV episode downloaded, it takes "forever" to reach "Emby for Kodi" because of all the "fake updates"

I did uninstall all plugins from one of my servers as recommended by Luke but that made no difference.

I'm currently testing EmbyCon and Plex for Kodi as alternatives as this constant syncing is rendering my "less powerful" clients almost unusable.

In your server library setup have you enabled the option to import information about missing episodes? Also have you enabled the option to refresh contents of a library every X number of days? I would check on those. Thanks.

Elguapo361

In your server library setup have you enabled the option to import information about missing episodes? Also have you enabled the option to refresh contents of a library every X number of days? I would check on those. Thanks.

Speaking for myself, I do not have missing episodes enabled. In my Scheduled Tasks, I have "Scan Media Library" set to 12 hours. Not sure why I would have it doing that.

Speaking for myself, I do not have missing episodes enabled. In my Scheduled Tasks, I have "Scan Media Library" set to 12 hours. Not sure why I would have it doing that.

What i mean about the automatic refresh is click on a library in library setup and check the setting to automatically refresh from the internet every X days. And while you're there, that some window will have the missing episodes setting.

Elguapo361

What i mean about the automatic refresh is click on a library in library setup and check the setting to automatically refresh from the internet every X days. And while you're there, that some window will have the missing episodes setting.

Ah, gotcha. I have that Automatic Refresh set to "Never" in both Movies and TV Shows. Still negative on the missing episodes setting.

chjohans

In my case, no and no. None of the optionms are enabled. I do have "Enable chapter image extraction" enabled for my *movie* libraries, but that has "always" been enabled. Trying to disable this just in case something changed that makes this trigger the updates, just in case and just to have tried it.

I think what i will do is just work with @@Elguapo361 on his tombstone example since we have a log with something specific. if we can solve that particular one then we might solve them all.

• Like 1

Elguapo361

I think what i will do is just work with @@Elguapo361 on his tombstone example since we have a log with something specific. if we can solve that particular one then we might solve them all.

I caught Tombstone in another update tonight. Absolutely nothing has changed in that directory, I captured a new SPMC log and the Emby log. Would it help to upload those to compare against the previous ones?

chjohans

Ok sounds like a good idea. Just let me know if you would like me to do some testing.

Ok please update to the latest beta, then run a library scan, and then attach the server log from that scan. thanks.

Elguapo361

Ok please update to the latest beta, then run a library scan, and then attach the server log from that scan. thanks.

Here you go ...

Edited by Elguapo361

chjohans

Is that likely to solve my issue too? Or should I run the beta too and do a library scan and post my log, just in case there are other issues?

Is there a beta with the fix implemented I can try? This issue is literally killing my "Low end" clients so that's why I'm more than a bit eager to try a possible fix.