Initial observations of Emby Native TV with HDHR Duals

vaise

we are using the hdhomerun official api, so yes at some point we can look into that but it would be all new development.

ah ok - Im not a programmer so I know nothing about API's.  I have been googling to get you more info, and I did notice that you can do this with VLC also - here is a link :

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/uk.tech.digital-tv/j_Phwpfg56E/-kibcI6OkrYJ

I am waiting till 5:30 to see what happens with those 4 recorded TV shows and will post results back.

I suspect the issue is that you are just using whatever HDHR delivers, whereby NextPVR actually gets tuned using the HDHR's - hcne they know about the multiplex frequencies etc - and hence can do more stuff.  I understand that better now - Emby will never be able to do the same as it is not 'multiplex frequency aware'.

It seems that back to back are also not working (I dont see how it could for the same thing as discussed above).  I got no fires for Ifish or Frasier at all.  Logs attached - but 15 mins left till i have to roll it all back as all the TV starts and I have to get it back to nextPVR

for example for simplicity - I have 15 min padding on everything, lets say 2 tuners, again for simplicity :

At 9AM both tuner start recording an hour long show, and there is a schedule for 10AM for two more hour long shows.

At 9AM, both tuners are in use

At 10AM, the tuners need to keep recording the extra 15 minutes on each padding, but the DRV wants to start two more recordings - but not tuners free.

This is exactly what the multiplex/multirec thing resolves as the same tuner can record multiple copies for the same show at the same time.

server-63653355617.txt

Hi,  I just saw in the guide an example where I would need 7 or possibly 8 tuners with Emby LiveTV (to do the padding on the three shows at 7:30, then start the 8:30 ones at the same time while still padding the ones before, plus the other fires at 8:00 and 8:15 (and their padding).

I would need 5 tuners with NextPVR due to its ability to record from the pultiplex stream and use no more tuners to do so :

5a78dacc2370f_Image13.jpg

No, with our stream sharing feature that would handle the padding. you would only need one tuner per channel.

Ok Luke, I will give it another test this coming weekend - as I did not see that happen in the last test I did above.

This is what I wrote in my test :

'It seems that back to back are also not working (I dont see how it could for the same thing as discussed above).  I got no fires for Ifish or Frasier at all.  Logs attached - but 15 mins left till i have to roll it all back as all the TV starts and I have to get it back to nextPVR'.  At 9AM, both tuners are in use, At 10AM, the tuners need to keep recording the extra 15 minutes on each padding, but the DVR wants to start two more recordings - but no tuners free.

Basically, the follow on shows did not start up - I assumed as there was padding on the ones before it.