Error mounting ISOs

rigo8582

rigo8582

With this past update I've had issues mounting ISOs. Every time I mount I get this error in windows media center.

I can see in windows explorer the actual ISO does get mounted, but when I hit the back and open Powerdvd it unmounts the ISO.

I put a screenshot of the error in windows media player and the log. 

Edited by rigo8582

Please try updating to the dev release I just put up and see if that works.  Thanks.

rigo8582

It works better but I can see it works differently then before. I see when it now plays, through Media Center.

Is there a way to get it before? It would just mount the ISO and then Powerdvd would automatically startup.

Nothing was deliberately changed in how that operates.  Do you have "Use Autoplay" selected in the configurator iso settings?

rigo8582

Nothing was deliberately changed in how that operates.  Do you have "Use Autoplay" selected in the configurator iso settings?

No I do not have "Autoplay" selected.

No I do not have "Autoplay" selected.

Well, that is what you are asking for.  You need to select that and then set PowerDVD to automatically play mounted discs.

rigo8582

That worked, i never had autoplay enabled previously and it still worked that way in the previous versions. Either way its working and thanks alot.

• 2 weeks later...
muranoone

I had the same issue drove me crazy I was able to figure it out. there is another issue regarding launching an ISO in Media Center .

If im watching live tv or playing any media and I navigate over to MB3, browse my ISO collection, select one, hit enter to play it, I get a delay which is normal because that's the ISO mounting then I get a Pop Up    PlayDVD   X    normally I hit enter again and all is good,  but 90% of the time the Pop Up disappears quickly and I have to hit play again 2-3, 5-6 times then it stays until I hit enter, or it just disappears permanently and dosent show up again until I back out and start over again. 

This is the Chocolate theme and its been happening since MB2

Any ideas??

Thanks

Rob  

• 4 weeks later...
deathlord

I also can't get ISOs to play anymore. Not sure if it started with a recent update. 

Originally I was running Win7 x64 MCE with MB latest v2.6, Daemon Tools Lite and TMT6. DTL was setup as ISO mounter, and after mounting the ISOs they were just playing inside MCE with TMT6 with no issues. 

First issue was, that DTL did not mount the ISOs anymore. I also accidentally erased the virtual drive once, so I wasn't sure if that was the issue, so I reinstalled the complete HTPC from scratch just to be sure.

Update DTL version, same issue ... I wasn't able to mount the ISOs from inside MB anymore. It just opened the DTL windows without mounting the ISO. 

Then I tried Virtual Clone Drive, which seems to be working and correctly mounting the ISO, however after being mounted the ISOs don't get played. So I get the blue MCE background with MB not reacting anymore.

Any ideas how to fix it? I tried everything else I can think of, but it seems to be MB related.

Edited by deathlord

deathlord

Yes, I have ... but maybe that's the problem. Maybe something changed with windows, and that's why it is not working anymore.

I also tested it with MB3 now, and the same behavior. 

I don't know, but maybe we just need to tell MB to forward the mounted ISO to the player now? There is no such option, and in the past ISO mounting was always an alternative to setting up the external player ... 

Are you sure the ISO is directly accessible to the MBC machine?  Did you define the library with UNC paths or use the path substitution feature on the server?

deathlord

The Movie library is located on a Synology NAS and is accessed via the UNC network path, MB3 server runs on the Win7 x64 HTPC with WMC. The ISO is mounted by VCD (not DTL) and can be played from TMT6, but it does not play out of MB.

No idea what the path substitution is, so no, I am not using it. 

But just to repeat it, this setup was working since 2012 with MB2, until it suddenly stopped working. Apart from some windows updates that might have happened, I did not change anything from the setup that can explain why it suddenly stopped working. And it doesn't make a difference if I use MB2 or MB3 now. Both are not working anymore.

Edit: looks like I am not the only one with issues: http://www.arcsoft.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=12077&title=cant-launch-umceplayer6exe

I'll raise the problem also with Arcsoft support, but since my issues are not limited to TMT but already start with mounting the ISO, I still think it must be a MB issue. 

Edited by deathlord

If it is consistent between MB2 and MBC and it stopped while you were still using MB2 - which hasn't changed - and it did work at some point, then it almost has to be some configuration or external change.  

deathlord

That's completely possible, I mean there are windows updates all the time, maybe a TMT update (I doubt it was a Daemon Tools update, since I never updated it until the latest setup) ... but even if there is an external trigger to it, there still might be some fix required for MB, since the same problem still applies with v3, and the setup is basically a clean win7 install with codecs, MB, AnyDVD, TMT and DTL/VCD. It's a dedicated HTPC, so there basically is no other software that can cause the conflict. And MB2/MBC is the software initiating the mounting and the playback of the file, even though it is using external software to do so. And not to forget, MB is crashing after trying to launch an ISO, so whatever is going wrong, it kills MB. 

If I can help with identifying the error, just tell me what to do ;)  But I have never been good at just accepting that something is simply not working anymore, if it is supposed to work.

And unfortunately there is no alternative to WMC with MB as HTPC, if you need proper BluRay support. Unless something has changed in the last few months, neither Plex nor XBMC are able or willing to provide full support for BluRays. So I am stuck ...  :(

Edited by deathlord

That's the first you mentioned of a crash.  Are you sure it is MB that is crashing?

Can I see both a MBC log and the windows event error when this happens.

Also, any particular reason you are using ISOs?  They are a real pain for just these reasons.

deathlord

Well, MCE says, that MB doesn't react and I can either force close it inside MCE (which works and exits MB) or wait (and then MCE is frozen, and won't even let me force close it, until I restart the PC). 

I already checked the Event log, and there is nothing in there on first sight, but I will test it later again and monitor the log closely.

MB3 log (following via the web interface) contains nothings, but I will check the file as well when I test it.

Well, not every disc/ISO can be ripped to BD file structure without problems, so it is (or until now was) much easier to just mount the ISO. And it did work perfectly fine, until recently. I have a 12 disc NAS and a projector with hifi surround system, so I am not interested in saving space, transcoding or converting the movies. I want the full BluRay quality, and ISO is the simplest and best way to get just that.

And until a few weeks ago, MCE, MBv2, TMT6, DTL and AnyDVD HD made possible just that.

I need to see the MBC log - not the server one.

And it actually sounds like WMC is crashing but the Windows Event log should confirm.  Instructions for obtaining all the logs are in the How to report a problem post.

What is an example of something that will rip to an ISO and not to a file structure?  I've never encountered that.

deathlord

Sure ... 

it's v 3.0.150.0 4-11.1 by the way ...

there is no entry in the windows event log. 

I attached the MBC log ... at 10:28:32 is the attempt to mount, and then WMC was frozen and I restarted the PC.

I guess with the right software, it doesn't make a difference if you rip to ISO or to file structure. I think AnyDVD also rips to file structure ... But the main issue is, that I already have a couple of hundred films as an ISO, so I would rather fix the software issue than spending the next year in reripping them all to file structure. I might like movies, but ... maybe not that much. It's not like I have nothing else to do than taking care of my movie collection  ;) and it was working fine until a few weeks ago, so chances should be quite good, that it can be fixed and it will be working again with the ISOs. 

MBClassic-2142014ad347b66413d462fae7cb31638216584.log

Thanks to your log, I think I can fix that crash.  However, I'm not sure things are going to work well for you even if I do that.

It appears the act of mounting the ISO is killing our connection to your MB Server.

You can try updating to the dev release of MBC (153).  That should fix that particular crash but, unless we can successfully re-establish a connection with your MB server I suspect you will have other issues.

Yeah, I figured.

Whatever tool is mounting the ISO is destroying our connection to the MB server.  Pretty much nothing is gonna work after that.

Do you have an external player setup or were you trying to rely solely on auto play?  However you have it setup I'd try it the other way.

deathlord

Actually I thought it was the client (MBC) crashing that destroyed the connection, but since it still logged that last message, it can't have completely crashed, I guess ... so maybe WMC crashed ... but you probably know that better than me.

I have the external player (uMCE... from TMT6) setup for BluRay, DVD, etc. but not for ISO, since it said that TMT does not support it and the mounting should replace the external player setup. It is working as external player by the way, so the problem is with the mounting process.

I could try it with DTL again, but last time DTL wasn't even mounting the ISO, when VCD is at least mounting but not playing the ISO. 

Edited by deathlord

• 2 weeks later...
deathlord

I raised the issue with ArcSoft and provided the respective logs, so I should get some detailed feedback next week.

What I did notice is, that it seems to take much longer until playback starts within TMT, but the TMT plugin for MCE is working without MB. So I still think it is a timeout problem, and unless ArcSoft is able to provide a solution for the much slower start of the playback the solution will have to be provided for MB. 

Can you maybe just significantly increase the tolerance of MB for lags? Or just make it not wait for any reaction/confirmation at all, when mounting an ISO and starting the TMT plugin?