Android 4.4.2 'FilePicker' issue ?

rbjtech

rbjtech

Hi,

I'm trying to change the file location for offline files to an SD card, but whenever the Android FilePicker is used, the App just stops and restarts.

App also feels VERY sluggish - the Web Version is far speedier but that does not have offline sync - the key reason for the tablet.

I've done a factory reset and just tried with Emby being the only App but it has the same issue.

Android 4.4.2 on a Samsung SM-T320 (can't upgrade to a later version unless I root/Custom ROM which I don;t really want to do)

Emby for Android - Latest Beta (2.9.82)

Server 3.2.70.0 - Latest Stable

Attached is the Android Log of just the boot sequence and then trying to change the location.  New log is then created following the App restart.

If you need the server log then please let me know.

Many thanks.

bbdf85f6-1214-4db4-9cdd-3bb09881b017.log

ce495cfd-e0e9-4c38-8039-4167382aa2cd.log

Edited by rbjtech

rbjtech

ok thanks - but I don't see a solution to the problem in that thread ?  Emby just crashes when you try and select *any* file location using the picker.  The default file location is just blank - you do not get a keyboard to change it, so I can't manually enter anything.     

You don't get a file explorer load when you click the search glass in the offline sync settings? This is where I navigated to Documents instead of Media but I am on a much newer android OS.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

rbjtech

You don't get a file explorer load when you click the search glass in the offline sync settings? This is where I navigated to Documents instead of Media but I am on a much newer android OS.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I do but this is where it crashes whatever I do, it won't save any settings, as soon as I press ok (even without changing anything) - the App crashes and I get an 'Emby has stopped' message.  Attached is the screen I get prior to the crash which I presume is the normal Android File Picker ?  Thanks.

post-101125-0-19133500-1517522744_thumb.jpg

Edited by rbjtech

rbjtech

@@rbjtech if it crashes then please make sure to click the "send report" button if you are prompted to do so. thanks.

Hi Luke - yes I did that yesterday and did it again just now with reference to this thread.   thanks for looking into this.

• 3 weeks later...
rbjtech

With no resolution is sight, I rooted the Samsung SM-T320 and installed Android Lineage 7.02 on there and now it runs so much faster and no offline file issues at all.

With so many Android 4.4 issues in this forum - maybe there are serious compatibility issues with your app - is it time to call it a day and only support Android 5 etc. ?

Anyway - my thread can be closed as I've worked around the problem.

Thanks.

Thanks. Unfortunately these are device specific though. For example I have a 4.4 device as well as a 4.2 device that both use the file picker just fine. I think the issues are probably rooted in vendor customizations of the OS but I am not sure yet.