How to set the off line sync folder?

Sammy

When I click the magnifying glass it only shows internal storage. I have 16 gb internal with only 1.5Gb free and want to use my 128Gb microSD Card. How?

TIAf332801c8b0093275e35f7e9db89c458.jpgf907398f8b74af6c0d4f7d10331a8c9d.jpg564ca67bf17144bcda55057cc31a8256.jpg

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

It is only showing the Device Storage, not the SD Card. It is mounted and visible in File Manager but not in Emby for Android.

rechner123

As i see you have android 6.

I have read on internet, that there are restrictions for external sd card.

But you shoul be able to make the sd card to expand the internal storage in the android settings.

Maybe this could be helpful.

• Like 1

I did manage to get it working by eliminating the default file manager and telling Emby to use the Document Manager which is counterintuitive.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Sorry, nevermind. It probably won't make a difference. We are using the android storage access framework which is built on their DocumentFile api and that's probably why you have to use DocumentManager.

I'm syncing some movies for playback on an upcoming flight so testing a beta isn't too good an idea but I will on return.

I normally use MX with ARM7 NEON Codec if I'm not using the native player in Emby. Is there a way to use external players in Emby for Android? (I know OT but thought I'd ask)

Sorry, nevermind. It probably won't make a difference. We are using the android storage access framework which is built on their DocumentFile api and that's probably why you have to use DocumentManager.

Makes sense. I didn't look at the Wiki but is this mentioned therein?

As i see you have android 6.

I have read on internet, that there are restrictions for external sd card.

But you shoul be able to make the sd card to expand the internal storage in the android settings.

Maybe this could be helpful.

I could but it seems I'd need to format the SD card. I'll keep this in mind though as it would save some frustration in space constraints for installed apps.

Makes sense. I didn't look at the Wiki but is this mentioned therein?

Not yet because thanks to you we finally know why some users are unable to select their SD card. Granted you're still on Android 6.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, I was just trying to move my downloads also and came across this thread.  It looks like my device might be the second.  Amazon Tablet 8th gen, emby installed directly from Google Play (that is what I snuck on the tablet)

• 2 months later...
ExMPBob

I did manage to get it working by eliminating the default file manager and telling Emby to use the Document Manager which is counterintuitive.

Hi Sammy, could you explain what you did here? I also have a Galaxy Tab A and no matter what I do I can't get the SD card to show in the picker!?

Sammy

I use the following path:

content://com.android.externalstorage.documents/tree/0000-0000%3Aemby%20sync

Where emby sync is a folder in the root of my SD Card.

ExMPBob

Right but you were saying you needed to "eliminate the default file manager and tell Emby to use the Document Manager". I'm not sure what you meant by that and when I click the search icon I still don't get SD card as an option in the picker.

Sammy

When i did this initially using the picker I had to select "documents" in file manager to get to the "emby sync" folder but you can set the path manually instead of using the picker.

This is the path that works for me so try it after creating "emby sync" in the root of your SD card.

ExMPBob

Thanks Sammy but how are you setting the path manually. When I click on the box I don't get the option to just start typing a path?

I may have disabled that. You should not try to type out that kind of path manually as it could vary per device.

Sammy

From the file explorer select sd > documents > emby sync

Or it may have been documents > sd > emby sync

I don't recall. Sorry.

ExMPBob

I may have disabled that. You should not try to type out that kind of path manually as it could vary per device.

Yes, definitely disabled. Any ideas why I'm unable to see the SD card in the picker? The funny thing is in the primary account on the tablet, the SD card shows up for selection. In my child's account, however, it does not. 

ExMPBob

Just a follow up... I've discovered that if I format the SD card while in my child's account I can use the picker and access the SD card. Having done that though, Emby in any other user account can no longer access the SD card. This suits me so it's reasonable workaround but still seems strange.