Nvidia Shield and Emby

snorkel

Lots of discussion there.. good stuff!

I have two 120Hz TV's.. my 40" LN650A Samsung from 2007 at $2700 and my 60" VT60 Panasonic from 2013 at $1800. All the rest are at 60Hz and much better on cost!

Now since I am having issues getting mpv to play nice with frame rate switching and madVR with both my HD4600 and GT1050 the shield may be my better choice, right? How is it on frame rate switching with Emby?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

shoman94

Appears there is a big issue with the Shield and Vizio and Sony Tvs

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1013481/random-audio-crackle-when-pausing-or-seeking-in-netflix-google-play-/?offset=12#5284628

Does not happen on the MI box on same TV, so it's something on the shield that is messed up.

I verified it does happen on my Vizio as well, and there is an issue with 5.1 sound talking 3 to 5 seconds after a pause or a seek to come back on.

Only solution right now is to completely disable surround sound.

Anyone else here using the shield on a Vizio or Sony TV?

I have a Shield going thru my AVR to my Vizio.  There is a delay with audio but I don't blame the TV or the software.  IMO its the Shield.

shoman94

SO right now I am using 2 HDHR Connect dual tuners and HDHR DVR service running on my QNAP431+.  I'm looking for a better guide and better Android TV controls than the HDHR software.  I'm using the Shield and a couple FireTV's.  Can I setup EMBY very similarly?  How is it working for you guys?  My year is about up on HDHR DVR so I will be doing the premier service. ANy pros and cons when compared to the HDHR DVR service?

Thanks!

My Shield is on the way! Got a used 2015 16Gb with power supply only for $138. So what's next? I want to use Netflix, Amazon and Emby of course.. How's the frame rate switching? Oh, and any tricks for Harmony Elite and Hub?

Thanks!

Edited by Sammy
  • Like 1

BTW..

Denon AVR 2312ci and Panasonic 60VT60 so no 4k but pretty awesome nonetheless..

I can probably sell my GTX 1050 video card for what the Shield cost right now as I won't be needing it in my HTPC any longer.

WilhelmStroker

My Shield is on the way! Got a used 2015 16Gb with power supply only for $138. So what's next? I want to use Netflix, Amazon and Emby of course.. How's the frame rate switching? Oh, and any tricks for Harmony Elite and One?

Thanks!

I use a Harmony Touch and Hub with my Shield and that works without issues, it's been a while since I set it up but I seem to remember there was a profile for it in the Harmony software.

https://support.myharmony.com/en-pl/harmony-experience-with-nvidia-shield

• Like 1

I use a Harmony Touch and Hub with my Shield and that works without issues, it's been a while since I set it up but I seem to remember there was a profile for it in the Harmony software.

https://support.myharmony.com/en-pl/harmony-experience-with-nvidia-shield

There is a profile for it in the Harmony Hub.  However, I just set mine up to talk to my TV and then let CEC pass the commands on to the Shield.

This way, the remote works even if, say, the TV pops up some sort of message.

There is a profile for it in the Harmony Hub.  However, I just set mine up to talk to my TV and then let CEC pass the commands on to the Shield.

This way, the remote works even if, say, the TV pops up some sort of message.

This will pass through my AVR too. I've found that having three devices talk to each other using CEC is not easily done but Harmony Remotes do it quite well.

My AVR is the switching point with all HDMI connections made there and only one HDMI Cable to the TV but it is in the ARC HDMI port for that rare occasion I use a TV App on the Panny.. it even has a pop up camera for Skype but I haven't used that in a few years now. Do you have CEC working with an AVR too?

politby

Not intending to rain on the parade, but I just installed Emby on my Shield and I find the UI is like drinking out of a fire hose :o. Its so busy I don't know where to start. Tiles of different sizes everywhere, menus both at left and on top and an enormous logo in the corner. My first thought was "no way I can use this".

Is it just me or does anyone else feel this way?

CBers

Is it just me or does anyone else feel this way?

Just you :)

I've been using it for a few years now and no issues at all.

Perhaps you can expand on the size differences etc., perhaps in a new thread.

politby

Just you :)

I've been using it for a few years now and no issues at all.

Perhaps you can expand on the size differences etc., perhaps in a new thread.

Will do

• Like 1