UN32M5300AFXZA

Sammy

They're all great options.

@@Luke @ CBers

So given similar displays and audio, which is better, the Emby app in LG and Samsung or the Roku Emby Channel on the TLC?

BTW, there's 2015 Shields on eBay in the $150 range right now so is the 2015 actually better, assuming I'm using a Harmony or other universal Remote?

Buy an Nvidia Shield TV and plug it into any TV :D

Buy an Nvidia Shield TV and plug it into any TV :D

They're all great options.

@Luke @ CBers

So given similar displays and audio, which is better, the Emby app in LG and Samsung or the Roku Emby Channel on the TLC?

BTW, there's 2015 Shields on eBay in the $150 range right now so is the 2015 actually better, assuming I'm using a Harmony or other universal Remote?

@@Luke @ CBers

I think you'll enjoy them both.

• Like 1

CBers

@@Luke @ CBers

IMHO, the Shield.

• Like 1

IMHO, the Shield.

I'm trying to keep these two seperate but am mixing things by my own fault.. sorry.

The first thing I want to do is get a TV that plays Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Vudo and Emby of course without having to buy another device to do it.

The Shield is something I'm pondering to replace the Roku in the Family Room assuming it also does Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Vudo and Charter Spectrum Android app too (is this available on Shield? How to check? Which model 2015 or 2017?

That Family Room Roku could then be used for another 19" TV I already have out by the BBQ area or possibly in the bar area and I get a "dumb" TV for the bar.

Sorry that this is beyond just a Samsung TV at this point but the more I look into it the mote ideas and options pop into my head.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I just ordered a Used Like New UN40M5300A from Warehouse Deals for $320 tax included less $150 utility rebate so $170 delivered to my house..

I read elsewhere that a new app for TizenOS just released. Can't wait to play with it.

That Shield is in my eBay cart now too so maybe my HTPC will move to the office next as I already use a Ceton Echo to playback WMC so the HTPC is only for ET Playback and is basically a back end device as it is now.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Just reporting back. Everything is working great on the UN40M5300A but I do get the spinner wheel during playback from time to time. I just ordered a $50 T-Mobile AC1900 Router that I'm going to flash from the T-Mobile f/w to Asus f/w so I can use it as a wired access point towards the front of my house where my WiFi is weakest. I didn't want to run Ethernet to the location of this TV as it is quite a ways and would be a daunting task going up into the second floor then the attic then back down. A wired AP on the second floor nearby will work much better I think. Otherwise I can use Asus' new f/w upgrade that makes their existing routers mesh routers.

I will report back but all seems well.

Nice work Emby Team.. (Now hoping for that upgrade to add in the mini guide and other controls found on the Android TV App!!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...