Chapter skip and subs not working in latest version

Yvese

FYI regarding TrueHD, this has never been enabled in the Samsung app specifically because we haven't yet determined a way to detect if it is supported by the device. I understand you think it was enabled before, but it has never been. My guess is it direct played because you may have revoked user access to transcoding, and/or some other server-side setting that caused it to force the direct play.

What's happening here is we are trying to extract subtitles on the fly and this is taking so long on your system that the subtitles aren't ready yet by the time they're needed.

There is a server transcoding setting you can set to not allow on the fly extraction. This will resolve it but at a high price - it will burn them in with transcoding instead.

What's happening here is we are trying to extract subtitles on the fly and this is taking so long on your system that the subtitles aren't ready yet by the time they're needed.

There is a server transcoding setting you can set to not allow on the fly extraction. This will resolve it but at a high price - it will burn them in with transcoding instead.

I disabled that subtitle extraction on the fly and the video now plays again but subs still aren't loading. I'm not sure what changed with the previous and current update since subs would actually load before but show up as basic subs with a black background. I've tried the emby app on my phone and the same video with .ASS sub loads just fine so it is clearly a Samsung TV app issue. The same video played through USB plays just fine.

As for TrueHD, I tried revoking access to transcoding like you said and it seems to be working again. What's odd is I never touched those settings before and it just worked. I guess forcing direct play is the solution.

Thanks for the help on the above. Hope a future update gets .ASS subs working like it does on the android app.

if you force the direct play then just FYI, those .ass subs will not load anymore because they are internal and tizen does not support .ass.

if you force the direct play then just FYI, those .ass subs will not load anymore because they are internal and tizen does not support .ass.

Is playing through USB drive different then? It works just fine playing a video from there and as I said before, previous versions of Emby the subs worked just fine but loaded as basic subs with a black background.

Edited by Yvese

What video player are you using with the usb drive?

I'm assuming it's the TV's ( KS8000 ) internal player since it plays directly from the drive. The drive itself only has a single video file in it and when I plug it in the TV a new interface pops up and I just click on it to play.

FrostByte

If it plays using the internal media player from USB then it should be supported

I've pasted a screenshot from the KS8000 user manual below.  My Orsay TV says it also supports ASS also, so I would assume they all do.  I can look at more models/years if needed.

5a9302ef8da56_subtitles.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Emby for Samsung Tizen 1.0.61 has been released for 2015-2019 models. Please try it out and stay tuned to the blog for release notes. Thanks !

• 1 month later...