No Kodi Sync since the last updates?

unibeta
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

Since a few days no more media updates are shown on my Kodi clients.
Both two clients with "EmbyCon" and two clients with"Kodi for Emby".

I had uninstalled and reinstalled Emby. Kodi Sync Queue on the server before.
The clients do not display errors but they do not show anything new.

Was there anything in the direction of Windows Server updates?

Angelblue05

You started playing something right away, therefore updates were pending according to your log.

With the latest build, it waits until playback ends to start processing server updates. It's in the changelog here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/21888-emby-for-kodi/?p=534490

Now, if you are telling me updates didn't process after you ended playback, then provide that log because your current log shows you were playing a channel all the way until the end of the log you provided. Let me know, thank you for helping with beta testing.

Edited by Angelblue05

Thank you for your feedback.

I watched that very closely yesterday.

Since no new media were shown, I watched more live TV and TV recordings, so I didn't notice the new mechanism.

In fact, the synchronization happens when I watch a series or movie and then finish.

But do you want to watch new things so that the sync should take place better than before at the Kodi start?

If this was changed because of problems with the Kodi start, you couldn't use the first sync with a delay after the Kodi start?

So I would always have to watch an old film/series before I could see something new........ :-(

Edited by unibeta

• Solution
Angelblue05

What? No, I mean updates are processed when nothing is being played in Kodi. If you receive updates while playback is happening, then they will be processed after it ended.

• Like 1

Then I understand my problem.

My clients always start with Live TV and then I watch while this is running in the menus.

That's why nothing is updated since I already have something going on at the start.

Understood, so no problem and can be closed.

Thank you very much.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Awesome, the change was put in place to avoid creating lag during playback to process updates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk