Emby on server that already is using Apache?

AllanMarcus

AllanMarcus

Hello,

I'm new to Emby. I have an Ubuntu server already running Apache, and I would like to add Emby. I've install Emby and can connect with localhost:8096, but I cannot connect from any other machine on the network. I assume it's because Emby is running it's own web server, and my Apache server doesn't understand this port number.

Is there a guid on how to configure Apache to work with Emby?

Thanks,

Allan

dcrdev

It's something else causing the problem, that is unless you have configured Apache to listen on port 8096; which would be odd.

Make sure it's running:

systemctl status emby-server

Then test whether you can access it from the server itself:

curl -L http://localhost:8096

If the above returns a html response, then it's almost certainly a firewall problem - in which case I'd look at the documentation for configuring ufw (which is the firewall used by Ubuntu) , can't help with that as I use CentOS.

AllanMarcus

It's something else causing the problem, that is unless you have configured Apache to listen on port 8096; which would be odd.

Make sure it's running:

systemctl status emby-server

Then test whether you can access it from the server itself:

curl -L http://localhost:8096

If the above returns a html response, then it's almost certainly a firewall problem - in which case I'd look at the documentation for configuring ufw (which is the firewall used by Ubuntu) , can't help with that as I use CentOS.

Thanks!

I looked more closely at my virtual host conf file, and I had set up an alias that I was forgetting to use when access the server locally. All set up and running now.
Edited by AllanMarcus