GameBrowser and ePSXe - Not closing game when stop pressed.

TrainAss

TrainAss

So I'm running version 2.9.5156.23954 of GameBrowser, version 3.0.5171.19958 of MediaBrowser Theater and version 1.9.0 of ePSXe on Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 x64. I have ePSXe configured correctly in MBT, and have it set to "force close" the application when stop is pressed on the remote. I press Stop on the remote, the system returns to MBT, but the game continues to run in the background. I can hear the music playing, and in the case of last night when playing Final Fantasy IX, I could hear the battle continue in the background. Any ideas as to why this is happening and how to fix it?

Edit: I forgot to mention when I was running Win8.1 x64 on my HTPC, it worked. Once I returned it back to Win7, it stopped working.

Edited by TrainAss

TrainAss

it doesn't work for all programs unfortunately. 

When I had my HTPC running Win8, it seemed to work. Once I returned it to Windows 7 though, it stopped. Would you say that it's OS related or is GameBrowser not sending a complete "kill" command to also take out any processes running?

Ghostm

I had the same issue. Not sure why it would only appear on windows 7 though.

Epsxe needs to be closed with escape or it runs in the background.

What im wondering and i have no idea how it works, would the mbt/gamebrowser team be able to automate this for end users so when epsxe is selected stop command sends an escape? I really dont know what mbt does to force close player though. I also have this issue for zsnes.This maybe impossible though, but i really have no idea what exactly mbt does to force close the player. 

Your sure this did not occur on windows 8? Maybe epsxe just does not have this issue on windows 8, but i would assume it does. It has been documented in my various epsxe searches on this issue that it needs to be closed by pressing escape or it will run in the background. 

Edited by Ghostm

TrainAss

I had the same issue. Not sure why it would only appear on windows 7 though.

Epsxe needs to be closed with escape or it runs in the background.

What im wondering and i have no idea how it works, would the mbt/gamebrowser team be able to automate this for end users so when epsxe is selected stop command sends an escape? I really dont know what mbt does to force close player though. I also have this issue for zsnes.This maybe impossible though, but i really have no idea what exactly mbt does to force close the player. 

Your sure this did not occur on windows 8? Maybe epsxe just does not have this issue on windows 8, but i would assume it does. It has been documented in my various epsxe searches on this issue that it needs to be closed by pressing escape or it will run in the background. 

I remember it worked properly on Windows 8, just not 7.

I've done some digging, and it looks like it's an issue with ePSXe and not MB. There are others having the same issue.

Edited by TrainAss