Music image to multi-disc albuns

EduardoSantos

EduardoSantos

I am running Emby Server 3.2.70

When new multi-disc albuns are added to the library, Emby will set the same cover image to all tracks, on every disc from the album.

It is intuitive and seems pretty much logic to think that all discs from the same album have the same image but that's not what happens on various classical music albuns.

I am tagging Mozart's complete works and, though each disc (folder.jpg file) and track (embedded by MP3Tag) has its own image, Emby will attribute to all of them, the first image it grabs from the first disc.

Thus, after tagging everything I have to change each track image using Emby's interface.

No matter if I command "Update metadata": only manual change solves the problem.

I must add that, curiously, each disc from a multi-disc album grabs its cover image correctly from the "folder.jpg" file located in it's own folder. This leads to tracks images different from disc images.

Thanks

Edited by EduardoSantos
  • Like 1

EduardoSantos

Hi.

Being a non native English person, I wonder if this topic should be rewritten...

I understand sometimes the idea is not clear...

But anyway, if a given track has an enbedded image, shouldn't Emby just use it?

In the same way if a folder has a folder.jpg image, should'nt Emby use it as the album cover?

I am tagging a 128 disc Mozart collection and currently I have to manually edit each album and track image after Emby scans them.

• Like 1

Hi, yes if your tracks have embedded images, and if you have a folder.jpg in your album folder, then emby will use those. does that answer your question?

EduardoSantos

Well, if it is that so it is not working accordingly.
For multi-disk albuns Emby seems to use the one same image for all tracks.

Image being used is from the first disc included on the library.

Edited by EduardoSantos

Ok i understand what you mean here. Yes, sorry, this is currently the case. One image per album. It's something we could review in the future though. Thanks.

EduardoSantos

But may I insist, it takes me really really long to correctly tag everything on MP3Tag and re-enter all info after Emby includes the album on the library. 

Even when I re-scan an album there is no way but mannually entering everything again.

I understand it is not implemented and the team is trying to reduce library scan time but it just not seems Ok to rework everything. 
Maybe track image scan could be postponed to a moment after...

Really sad here.