Ubuntu Repository for install?

snorkel

bernado99

Delete this:

/opt/emby-server/lib/libavcodec.so.57.107.100

Before upgrading.

Genius! Bit of head scratching and googling later when I'd worked out I needed to be in root to delete that file - job done and now all good, thanks so much.

It's unlikely I'm going to understand but what was that rogue file that needed to be deleted?

dcrdev

Genius! Bit of head scratching and googling later when I'd worked out I needed to be in root to delete that file - job done and now all good, thanks so much.

It's unlikely I'm going to understand but what was that rogue file that needed to be deleted?

Looks like you had some file corruption going on - where the checksum of the file differed from the one delivered by the original package for some reason.

I would be mindful to always download the updates using something like cURL or wget to ensure the integrity of the downloaded package. As Emby has apparently decided to go backwards in not having a repository and thus signing their packages *wink *wink *nudge *nudge @@Luke.

It's possible for the future. Once we get through android and the rest of the nas devices then it would be more realistic to spend time on that. thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
tdiguy

I wrote a little script to update Emby.

Feel free to use (and improve) it. It's written for and tested with ubuntu 16.04 amd64.

https://gist.github.com/shokinn/7cb9618bfcc53bb0903fe51f44a94e9b

Very nice script. Going to see if i can comment out part of it to eliminate the user prompt and just run it as a daily cron job.

Ahh bash how i love you, found there is actually a much easier way to go about it than editing the script. using 

yes | sudo ./<script>

This simply passes yes right into the script when it asks for the yes / no prompt. The more i learn about linux the more i wonder how the hell windows became so dominant. 

Edited by tdiguy

• 4 months later...
juanitomaille

Could you change point 1 by

wget link

It would be easier for update. In Android app, I dont have link. Green color text is not a link.

Thanks. fad1a5506b892b6e793d6065183087c6.jpg

Envoyé de mon ZTE A2017G en utilisant Tapatalk

Sorry I don't quite understand. Can you explain this a little more? It is a link for me. Thanks.

juanitomaille

Its not a link for me. And I can't copy Paste by long press.

juanitomaille

I thought that in step 1 a command like

Wget http://linktofile.deb which we can copy/Paste is more coherent besause step 2 is command line too.

For ssh install by exemple.

But the main problem is that its not a link as you think.

Edited by juanitomaille

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
mgworek

Works perfectly on Ubuntu 17.10

Thanks for this, I appreciate it!

Is there anything that needs to be done to this script to make sure it downloads the beta version?