hauppauge PCIe Adapter support planned?

snorkel

snorkel

Hi,

I am currently using plex, but not that impressed with the DVR support they have.

I am currently using the following internal PCIe tuners with Ubuntu 16.04

WinTV-HVR-1265

model 01609: WinTV-quadHD

The 01609 quad model works out of the box with Ubuntu 16.04 and the 4.x kernel and the 1265 dual tuner also works out of the box with the addition of the windows firmware.  Both are working in Plex installed on Ubuntu 16.04.

I did see some mention of hauppauge support on windows is coming so hopefully Linux as well.

Hi, yes the next release will support this for windows, and in a future release we hope to support it for linux. thanks !

snorkel

Hi, yes the next release will support this for windows, and in a future release we hope to support it for linux. thanks !

Nice, thanks I will keep an eye out for it.

snorkel

One more question, I also have 6 HDhomerun tuners on my network, will Emby be able to use those even if I also have the HDhomerun DVR using them?

Ideally I would only use those until I could use the haughpage PCIe tuners in my server.  the HDhomerun is running on a WD NAS and emby wll be on a Ubuntu 16.04 server with a AMD 8350 FX 8 core and 32gb of ram.

For now I purchased the monthly premier plan and If the haugpage linux support pans out I will update to a lifetime.

Thanks, Emby looks exactly what I am looking for.

One more question, I also have 6 HDhomerun tuners on my network, will Emby be able to use those even if I also have the HDhomerun DVR using them?

Yes ! We already support these right out of the box.

snorkel

Yes ! We already support these right out of the box.

Yes, but I was wondering if the HDhomerun dvr on the NAS will cause problems.  I would imagine Emby will just grab any tuners not in use correct?

• 4 months later...
SHSPVR

So Luke any new progress status with Linux and other Digital TV Tuners ?, is a beta available ?. 

• 1 year later...

Any update on the linux/docker support for Hauppauge devices? i'm not interested in using a 3rd part plug in , i want native support

this is the only thin holding me back from jumping ship from plex

Any update on the linux/docker support for Hauppauge devices? i'm not interested in using a 3rd part plug in , i want native support

this is the only thin holding me back from jumping ship from plex

If need something now take look at NextPVR v5 Beta Linux and build your self M3U tuner file for Emby Server Linux and that should tie you over if and when native support dose come a long. 

• 2 months later...
dave0402

Hi, not yet, but check back later this year and we might have something. Thanks.

I'm looking for a christmas present, how's going on the linux/docker support for Hauppauge devices ?

SHSPVR

It will not come for Christmas, sorry.

It should be possible to used NextPVR 5 and setup Emby as 3MU Tuner for now

Q-Droid

I'm looking for a christmas present, how's going on the linux/docker support for Hauppauge devices ?

TVHeadend is another option and no plug-in is needed. Emby can connect to TVH using m3u URL, same as an IPTV source. I use it with a Hauppauge PCIe Quad card.

• 8 months later...
1 hour ago, dave0402 said:

any update on Hauppauge Linux support?  

Not yet but stay tuned.

• 2 months later...
dave0402

I asked this last year but i'll give it another go this year ...........  any chance of having this ready so it can be a Christmas for this year

SHSPVR
25 minutes ago, dave0402 said:

I asked this last year but i'll give it another go this year ...........  any chance of having this ready so it can be a Christmas for this year

It possible but going to have to say NO there are lot thing that need to be build in.

• 3 weeks later...
dave0402
On 11/12/2020 at 11:56 AM, SHSPVR said:

It possible but going to have to say NO there are lot thing that need to be build in.

oh well, guess i'll try next Christmas

SHSPVR
Just now, dave0402 said:

oh well, guess i'll try next Christmas

Next year is for sure as for when that I don't know

• 8 months later...
dave0402
On 12/4/2020 at 11:46 AM, SHSPVR said:

Next year is for sure as for when that I don't know

How are you going for Linux support for haugauge , any updates?

23 minutes ago, dave0402 said:

How are you going for Linux support for haugauge , any updates?

It's getting closer but no ETA. Thanks 

• Agree 1

• 8 months later...