4 replies to this topic

#1 mtait4893 OFFLINE  

mtait4893

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Local time: 09:39 PM

Posted 15 January 2018 - 08:54 PM

I am attempting to connect to my emby server and am having an issue with Emby server. I can connect to the server via web browser and via Kodi but I am testing a new setup and would like to give Emby theater a shot. Regardless if i put in my server IP address or DNS address it says connection failure. I use https and port 8920. Also I used a self signed certificate, will that cause an issue with Emby Theater?

I am running this on a Windows 7 desktop. Tested this on same network, outside network, via wireless and ethernet. Opened up ports in firewall too. However it does work via web browser and Kodi... on the same machine.

#2 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 152443 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 03:18 PM

Hi, what did you use to create the self signed cert with? It's very strange because we have Emby Theater Desktop configured to accept all certs. It really shouldn't be a problem. Thanks.

#3 mtait4893 OFFLINE  

mtait4893

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 01:22 PM

its self signed auto generated through Emby. I am eventually looking to get a signed cert from a CA but in the meantime, I am using whatever emby auto generates.

I'll try on a different machine and see if I get the same problem. Not sure what would be causing this on my current setup though.

#4 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 152443 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 01:59 PM

Thanks, that would be helpful.

#5 mtait4893 OFFLINE  

mtait4893

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 10:38 PM

Took a bit for me to finally get some time to test it again. But I tested Emby Theater on a Windows 10 machine. Tried on different outside networks and VPN. Still getting the same connection problem.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: theater, windows 7, connection, failure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users