GameBrowser Setup

xbmcgotham

shaefurr

@@Luke That is good news, than we might be able to resolve this problem manually by comparing the meta files and replacing or adding missing files. Would be great if you can let me know what files you like to see as I really like to finalise this emby server installation. :-)

We can also do a team viewer session if that makes it easier for you.

I did get the game systems to show up in external players.

Browse to Username\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\plugins\configurations and open Gamebrowser.xml in notepad, remove the spaces for the console types.

instead of

<ConsoleType>Sega Genesis</ConsoleType>

make it

<ConsoleType>SegaGenesis</ConsoleType>

when you're done try adding an external player.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<PluginConfiguration xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
  <GameSystems>
    <ConsoleFolderConfiguration>
      <Path>D:\Emby Games\GENESIS</Path>
      <ConsoleType>SegaGenesis</ConsoleType>
    </ConsoleFolderConfiguration>
      <Path>D:\Emby games\SNES</Path>
      <ConsoleType>SuperNintendo</ConsoleType>
  </GameSystems>
</PluginConfiguration>

shaefurr

It's not really an Emby Theater bug. It's depending on a GameSystem metadata value that isn't there. I think there are some aspects of games that need a bit of an overhaul.

Yeah I agree, too many users on the forums keep having random issues with GB.

For instance:

my Wii U game I just added had WiiU as the <Gamesystem>  in the game.xml, I had to change it to Nintendo Wii U to get a play button.

my SNES game I just added had Super Nintendo as the <Gamesystem>, I had to remove the space to get a play button

I see on github the resolverhelper is coded to do that, but im curious what is the purpose of converting the consoletype? I'm getting opposite values here and there and its just making it a mess to fix.

Yeah I agree, too many users on the forums keep having random issues with GB.

For instance:

my Wii U game I just added had WiiU as the <Gamesystem>  in the game.xml, I had to change it to Nintendo Wii U to get a play button.

my SNES game I just added had Super Nintendo as the <Gamesystem>, I had to remove the space to get a play button

I see on github the resolverhelper is coded to do that, but im curious what is the purpose of converting the consoletype? I'm getting opposite values here and there and its just making it a mess to fix.

This has been a on going issue. Just a matter if some one can fix it. Seems like there are more users that like to use the plug in.

I have try to edit the resolverhelper and load it up on my end. Seems like it didn't work. I'm not a coder but i can some what understand it.

If you have many games that needs to be edited, this is what I used. http://findandreplace.sourceforge.net/ look for Supernintendo and replace with Super nintendo. So forth for rest of the system.

Hope this helps til someone can figure out the issue

Thanks for the additional information and tips. I will have a look.

Update: The PS3 is now shown and I was able to make it work by installing the motioninjoy software (for the driver) without installing any additional drivers with the ScpToolkit. Only thing left is to figure out how to config the PS3 and have Emby Theater bug fixed. :-)

I used like a very cheap bluetooth dongle that costed me $5. It works better than $20 one I paid at best buy. I have two ps3 currently hooked up. I used the latest beta from scptoolkit and seems like whatever controller i first turn on, it will be lit as controller #1. Stable version was not able to do that as far as I remember.

If you install retroarch and use this as your emulator there is no setup configuration on the ps3. It will become painless to setup. Use this command line arguments

-L

c:\users\admin\emulator\retroarch\cores\nestopia_libretro.dll

{path}

Just have the change the core location for each game system

shaefurr

This has been a on going issue. Just a matter if some one can fix it. Seems like there are more users that like to use the plug in.

I have try to edit the resolverhelper and load it up on my end. Seems like it didn't work. I'm not a coder but i can some what understand it.

If you have many games that needs to be edited, this is what I used. http://findandreplace.sourceforge.net/ look for Supernintendo and replace with Super nintendo. So forth for rest of the system.

Hope this helps til someone can figure out the issue

Yeah I looked into the code on git and saw the fork you made with the changes to the resolver, just a bit too complicated for me to want to try and fix. But yeah will be nice once it gets fixed.

xbmcgotham

@@shaefurr et al.

Thanks for trying to assist. unfortunately that did not fix the problem. By the way, I had to follow the url: C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\plugins\configurations\ just incase others cant find it. :)

@@Luke Can we exchange files to see what is causing this and maybe it can be fixed by updating a particular file like in the case of @@shaefurr?

And is this external player info not stored in a particular file? If someone knows the file and it works for them. Maybe upload this file and I can manually check and add the meta data. Or if in DB, let me know where to get to the DB and value.

Thanks

shaefurr

@@shaefurr et al.

Thanks for trying to assist. unfortunately that did not fix the problem. By the way, I had to follow the url: C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\plugins\configurations\ just incase others cant find it. :)

@@Luke Can we exchange files to see what is causing this and maybe it can be fixed by updating a particular file like in the case of @@shaefurr?

And is this external player info not stored in a particular file? If someone knows the file and it works for them. Maybe upload this file and I can manually check and add the meta data. Or if in DB, let me know where to get to the DB and value.

Thanks

Can you do me a favor,

go back to C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\plugins\configurations\ and open gamebrowser.xml, and copy and post whats in it here.

Then pick a game that you have setup on emby server, in windows go into the game folder, open game.xml and copy and post that too.

Edited by shaefurr

xbmcgotham

Hi, Sure, no problem. see below. I tried removing the space and also changing the name to N64. But no luck on either try.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<PluginConfiguration xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <GameSystems>
      <Path>Z:\GAMES\N64</Path>
      <ConsoleType>Nintendo64</ConsoleType>
  </GameSystems>
  <EmuMoviesUsername>xxxxxx</EmuMoviesUsername>
  <EmuMoviesPassword>xxxxxx</EmuMoviesPassword>
</PluginConfiguration>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<Item>
  <ContentRating>E</ContentRating>
  <Added>1/14/2018 5:58:39 PM</Added>
  <LockData>false</LockData>
  <Overview>K. Rool has kidnapped the Kongs! Can Donkey Kong rescue his friends, reclaim the Golden Bananas and save his homeland from certain doom? Take out some Kremlings with Chunky's Pineapple Launcher or Lanky's Trombone. Float through the air using Tiny's Ponytail Twirl. Even rocket to the sky with Diddy's Jetbarrel!</Overview>
  <LocalTitle>Donkey Kong 64</LocalTitle>
  <PremiereDate>1999-11-24</PremiereDate>
  <ProductionYear>1999</ProductionYear>
  <GamesdbId>250</GamesdbId>
  <Genres>
    <Genre>Action</Genre>
    <Genre>Adventure</Genre>
  </Genres>
  <Studios>
    <Studio>Nintendo</Studio>
    <Studio>Rare</Studio>
  </Studios>
  <GameSystem>Nintendo64</GameSystem>
  <Players>1</Players>
</Item>

shaefurr

Hi, Sure, no problem. see below. I tried removing the space and also changing the name to N64. But no luck on either try.

Only thing I can think of, is go into the web dashboard, and clicking refresh metadata (replace all metadata) on your games folder, and try it again.

Last resort:

What I did, delete everything from the game folders except the rom files, delete all the game systems from the gamebrowser plugin. Re-add the systems to the GB plugin, right click your games folder in the dashboard and refresh all metadata. I did this 3x in a row and its been fine every time, all systems show up in external players.

xbmcgotham

Thanks for trying to assist me with the problem @@shaefurr

I did all of the mentioned steps above, but no change in menu. Hope that @@Luke can look into this further and help finding a temp solution for this problem. :)

jachin99

To be clear about how I should have this setup I'd like to know if the emulation software, and the roms can be installed on a machine that is dfferent from my emby server?  So I have machine 1 with my files acting as a server, then I have machine 2 with emby server installed.  WHich machine should I have my emulation software installed on?  Thanks.  

shaefurr

To be clear about how I should have this setup I'd like to know if the emulation software, and the roms can be installed on a machine that is dfferent from my emby server?  So I have machine 1 with my files acting as a server, then I have machine 2 with emby server installed.  WHich machine should I have my emulation software installed on?  Thanks.  

the roms can be on the server machine. The emulators you want on the PC you will play them on.

xbmcgotham

@@Luke. Please let me know what we can do to resolve this issue. What do you need from me or can you send some files that I can compare? Thanks

The GameBrowser plugin is a community addition. it is not something the core team is able to personally work on right now. We are hoping a new community member can step forward and help overhaul the plugin. I will begin to more aggressively search for someone new. Thanks !

xbmcgotham

Thanks for actively approaching this. Didn't know it was not part of the core development. 

In the mean time if you know of someone who has the game browser working, it might be an idea to let he or she share the meta files, so I can manually add them and change them without the need of first going through the gui interphase.

shaefurr

Thanks for actively approaching this. Didn't know it was not part of the core development. 

In the mean time if you know of someone who has the game browser working, it might be an idea to let he or she share the meta files, so I can manually add them and change them without the need of first going through the gui interphase.

Are you talking about manually adding the external players to Emby theater? I dunno if that is possible @@Luke?

shaefurr

Yes you can add external players in emby theater for games.

He was asking if you can do it outside of emby theater, like by editing an xml file or something.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

I do have all mine working except window games. The window games did work until there was an update on ET that cause it to stop. I was going to eventually try to do a video to show how it should be installed. It's trying to find the time to do it. The only one I use for emulator is retroarch. Easy setup and no need to configure the controllers once you install the drivers.

Could you give me screen shots of:

Plugin set up where you point out which folder each system is in server

Library setup for games in server

External player set up in Emby Theater that is showing the commands

game.xml for the game that you are trying to open.

Thank you!

xbmcgotham

Well not 100% sure what I did different this time, but when I reconfigured the games section I noticed that the dropdown box suddenly was filled with the Nintendo 64 setting. It could be the following reasons for this success. (I followed the guide https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/16380-gamebrowser-guide/&do=findComment&comment=161918)

1. I used UNC paths for all references to the games. and/or

2. I put the wrong path to the games folder as i might have pointed it to the games "system" folder.

Anyway, 1 problem less. ;)

But we are not there yet I found. When configurating the emby theater external player, it did not automatically fill the "Command line argument" so I tried filling it with [path], or {path} or leaving it blank. When trying to open a game, the gui will not show a "play" button/menu option, only a download option. Not sure why this is, I tried it 3 times with the 3 different arguments. I have attached the screenshots of the config.

To test, 1 only added 1 game to the games folder.

The folder structure is:

\\<NAS Share>\GAMES\N64\Donkey Kong 64

Thanks for the assistance.

post-268149-0-26823500-1516643283_thumb.jpg

post-268149-0-65645500-1516643293_thumb.jpg

post-268149-0-55272100-1516643303_thumb.jpg

post-268149-0-79997000-1516643312_thumb.jpg

post-268149-0-64977700-1516643318_thumb.jpg