IPTV Plugin Artwork

Croll12

Croll12

For what its worth, I can click on the image of some and then it will display correctly after hitting back. Not all of them though, the others the image will flicker but stay the same size. For one that does display correctly after selecting it, the other images shift to fill in the extra space.

Croll12

I have also noticed that it will not filter either. I select a letter, it displays “displaying items with the letter “ but nothing changes. Also doesn’t change when selecting auto filter of alphabetically.

I believe these are all little quirks related specifically to content from this plug-in which is almost never needed anymore with our direct m3u support in the normal Live TV section so it just doesn't get much use or testing.

Thank you for your patience.

Is there a better option for video on demand content that wouldn’t have these issues? It seems to only be an issue with the Fire TV. Unfortunately that is all I use.

@@Croll12, why don't we do this. If you try to play using the built in m3u feature, does that play successfully?

If the answer is yes, then we can figure out the difference between that vs. the iptv plugin. thanks !

The latest beta (1.5.33) should improve this display.  It still won't be perfect because we still don't know the proper shape of these but they should no longer be distorted.

Please check it out and report back.

Thanks.

Will do, thanks. What do you mean by “ you still don’t know the proper shape”?

With standard library items the server knows the size of the image and can tell the app what aspect ratio to use for it.

With these channel items, the server does not have that information so the app has to guess.

You can edit the image of any item using the web app.

However, I imagine that would get quite tedious.

Installed .33. Images look better, consistently same size, but the boxes for each movie are still the width of 3 images combined with 1 image displayed in the center. I sent logs Incase you wanted them. Anyway to use local images? Would that be easier?

Is there an api call I could use to update the image through the web?

I change the image url to a downloaded file location and it does display, before I do this to all of them, I wanted to make sure that would help first.

What doesn’t make sense is why they display correctly on the web, IOS, and Emby Theater on Android. This is only an issue on Fire TV.

You guys are saying this is an issue with the plugin, if that was the case then all platforms would have this issue.

I am trying to come up with other ways to work around it, but manually adjusting the images for 1,900+ items is ridiculous.

The difference is the web app's default for these unknown shapes is a poster while, the TV app is a thumb.  Also, the web app cannot display different width images in the same list/grid so it has to pick one and, for you, it just happens to pick the one you want.  Our normal providers all provide thumbs for TV shows.

The reason the default is what it is on the TV app is because the most likely scenario for an unknown video image is a screen capture.  Also, when it comes to live TV programs, the thumbs look better on the big screen and provide more horizontal space for the extra information that usually goes along with these programs (channel and time).