Task queues

computerprep

computerprep

So, you know how you can refresh metadata/missing/scan for updates on particular libraries or series or seasons, etc?

When you begin that process, it adds the task to a queue. This queue is invisible. If I wanted to scan for missing files in several different series folders, I would have no way of knowing how far along my server is in the process until, kapow, it's all done and updated.

If there was a way to view a task queue, that would be beneficial in situations like this.

That same task queue could (at admin's discretion) also apply to scheduled tasks. As an admin, I could set my library scan, thumbnail creation, roku thumbnails, etc., all to happen one minute after each other, and (with the "queue tasks" checkbox marked) the server could do them one at a time instead of all concurrently.

The same Task Queue window would show me the manual tasks I've initiated as well as the automated ones all queued up together.

Anyone else like this idea? Better resource utilization?

• Like 2

Hi, yes making the metadata refresh queue visible is something we'd like to do in the future. Thanks.

computerprep

@@Luke... Awesome. Whenever you do, don't forget to show some love to the other scheduled tasks.

• 10 months later...
blademaster2005

I was just wishing for this feature. How is this coming along in exposing it to the UI or I'd settle for a first pass to API call to see this queue.