Seek with transcoding problem

dext

Hi,

I've recently set up my first emby server (with premiere subscription). Everything works great with exception of transcoding.

I'm using this Docker image: https://hub.docker.com/r/emby/embyserver/

I'm running docker on Arch Linux server.

All media resources are local, SATA or USB.

Direct play work perfect on all devices. Trans-coding works as well, but for every file type it has following issues:

1. Video length is wrong, a lot bigger then it should be.

2. Because of the above the seeking is impractical, and on Mobile devices (Android tablet and phone) it crashes the stream. It doesn't crash on Web (Firefox).

The logs come from a test run of this file http://www.caminandes.com/download/03_caminandes_llamigos_1080p.mp4

transcoding.log

server.log

Hi there, we're currently in process of overhauling video playback in the android app. Soon it will use the same transcoding protocol as the web app and this shouldn't happen anymore. thanks !

Hi,

Thanks for the info, but I have exactly the same problem in the web app. The only difference is it doesn't crash, but still: the video length is wrong and I can't for example skip towards the end.

Hi, what do you mean by video length is wrong? you mean the length displayed in the seek bar?

Yes, on a screenshot I attach here it shows length of 02:06 (so to little this time, previously I've checked it showed over 20 minutes). In previously attached logs you can see that ffmpeg sees the proper length of 02:30.

Also, the seeking bar shows around 20% progress into the movie, even though it's 0:05 out of total of presumed "02:06". I guess because of that I can't skip to the end (clicking at the end of the bar took me to 00:30)

post-270471-0-55035100-1514942157_thumb.jpeg

Ok so that means we don't have a known runtime for this video. Try refreshing the item from the web app detail screen by clicking the 3-dot menu -> refresh.

Hi, thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't help. I can't find a single instance of it working correctly in my library.

Do you mean, that the video length is taken from the library scan results, not from ffmpeg?

I've checked the database "/home/emby/.emby-server/data/library.db", TypedBaseItems table.

As suggested by the post [1] video length is represented by RunTimeTicks. I've checked and all entries have this value set to NULL, with exception of entries with path set to tv series main directory, or DVD movies (ISO, or VIDEO_TS). I've tried set it to correct value, but it didn't change anything.

Could you please point me to some documentation, or describe how Emby is determining the video length when it plays transcoded version?

[1] https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/36323-question-about-usersuseriditemsid-runtimeticks-field/

Can you please provide the emby server log from the time that you performed that refresh? Thanks.