Emby Theater: Improved side-scrolling option in Vertical View

Aussiedroid

Aussiedroid

Hi All,

Just noticed the new vertical view option in Emby Theater. Very nice! Looks good, and works fairly well when using on my TV in lounge (with remote to control). However, I find it a little problematic when using it on my PC with a mouse, particularly the side-scrolling implementation.

When I 'drag' the view to the side to see the rest of the list it snaps back to center the thumbnail I used to drag. Not smooth like the web interface is when using mouse for reference. It also means you can generally only move the list a couple of thumbnails at a time before it jars back to center. There is also no side scroll arrows to use instead. Using scroll wheel would be great but obviously this is locked to the vertical view instead.

Would be awesome if this could be improved for mouse users to work more like the web interface, or have an option to remove the side-scroll and alternatively add another line or two under each section (which I think would still work rather well in the vertical view and would not be much scrolling down).

Thank you,

AD

Hi, if you're using a mouse, you're probably better off setting the display mode to desktop and then you'll get the arrows like the web app has.

• Like 1

Aussiedroid

Thanks for the quick reply Luke!

I have just given this a try and its not too bad, but using this on a 4k screen does make the scaling of the UI very small (any way to return this to full size?). If I use the mouse now though, it brings up a selection interface (can this be disabled?). Scrolls smoothly though :)

Also, side note, I have My Media (Small) for the first home screen section and this seems to be hidden by the top bar when scrolling to the top of the screen (perhaps I can change this back to the normal size though as a workaround).

Thanks again.

Edited by Aussiedroid

Aussiedroid

Sure thing. If I scroll down one notch on the mouse the top bar disappears and it is viewable, but noticed on some views in library where you cannot scroll as there is not enough items it cannot be hidden. Looks like the top bar should be about half the size to work (at least in 4k resolutions).

Here is the desktop version:

5a4c0f0b2468b_Desktop.png

Here is a library view:

5a4c0f2142525_View.png

Here is the original size when set to Auto (for reference to the very small scaling):

5a4c0f3600fe3_Auto.png

Aussiedroid

The two first images are scrolled as far up as they can go. When I hit the top of the screen the bar appears and covers up some of the icons etc. When you start Emby it also displays like this. I scroll down a tiny bit and that bar disappears and I can see the media buttons in full. On some screens where there is no scrolling I cannot hide it at all. Options menu is like that.

It looks to me that that bar is not scaling for the desktop view, where all the other elements are scaled (very small) causing the misalignment.

Cheers,

AD

Ok, I'm not able to reproduce that. are you sure you've scrolled all the way back up to the top?

Aussiedroid

Yes, 100% sure. :)

Could it possibly be due to the Windows scaling? I'm running in 3840x2160, but have it scaled to 130%. It doesn't look like it follows the windows scaling values but not sure what else it might be. The bar seems to be the same size in both the desktop and auto/TV views, but in desktop everything else scales much smaller.

Aussiedroid

I've returned to using the TV mode instead of Desktop. Scaling is just too small for my eyes.

Playing around a bit, I did find that when I do the side scrolling with the mouse that the flow goes smoothly if I let go of the mouse button when the thumbnail is not underneath it. So if I scroll to the side then move the mouse up or down to a blank part of the screen the scrolling is smooth and doesn't click back to the thumbnail you started the drag action from. It a workable workaround for now, but would still be great if it were smooth like the desktop interface.

Many Thanks,

AD