Trouble Playing TV Shows to NVidia Sheild

BKrick

Hi,

I was trying to set up an Amazon Echo to work with Emby on my NVidia Shield.  If I try to play a movie it works flawlessly.  If I try to play a TV show or episode of an Anime, it shows that its playing on the Echo, but nothing ever happens on the TV. I then tried opening the web interface from my computer and playing a couple of things to the TV from there, and noticed the same behavior.  If I try to start a movie from the web interface it plays on the NVidia Shield fine, but if I try to start an episode of something nothing ever happens.  

I have attached my latest server logs.  I tried several times to get Log Horizon season 1 episode 6 working if that helps.

Please let me know if I need to include anything else.

I appreciate any help that you can provide. I would really like to get this working.

Server Log.txt

If I select the button to play to another player, and select the NVidia sheild as the player nothing at all happens. On my TV it appears to be mirroring and I can see what I’m seeing on the web interface, but if I click play nothing happens.

If I navigate to a movie and try the same thing it goes to the tv and plays fine.

If I select the button to play to another player, and select the NVidia sheild as the player nothing at all happens. On my TV it appears to be mirroring and I can see what I’m seeing on the web interface, but if I click play nothing happens.

If I navigate to a movie and try the same thing it goes to the tv and plays fine.

Hi.  Can you do this and then send the log from the app?  Please also come back here and provide the requested information.

Thanks.

Hi,

Logs have been sent.  The user was Rkrick99.  I sent the log at 9:02 PM EST.  I was mirroring from the web app to the NVidia shield.  I tried playing Log Horizon, S1 E1, and an episode of Love Hina.  I could see everything mirroring on the TV, but when pressing play playback did not start.  I also did not get any OSD or other indication from the web app that any playback started.  I also tried playing a movie (Big Hero 6) for comparison, and that started playing fine.  Please let me know if I can provide any other info.

Okay, you are pressing play at the Series level as opposed to on an individual episode.  If you hit the little play button that shows on the next up episode, that works, right?

Luke, I have reproduced this with the web app and the command is never getting to the TV app.  It is failing with a 400 at the server:

2018-01-04 09:41:01.602 Error HttpServer: Error processing request
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.2.60.8
	Command line: C:\Users\spam\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll C:\Users\spam\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll C:\Users\spam\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll C:\Users\spam\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Processor count: 8
	Program data path: C:\Users\spam\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
	Application directory: C:\Users\spam\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
	System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
	Parameter name: source
	   at System.Linq.OrderedEnumerable`2..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 keySelector, IComparer`1 comparer, Boolean descending, OrderedEnumerable`1 parent)
	   at System.Linq.Enumerable.OrderBy[TSource,TKey](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 keySelector)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Session.SessionManager.TranslateItemForPlayback(String id, User user)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Session.SessionManager.<SendPlayCommand>d__79.MoveNext()
	System.ArgumentNullException
	   at System.Linq.OrderedEnumerable`2..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 keySelector, IComparer`1 comparer, Boolean descending, OrderedEnumerable`1 parent)
	   at System.Linq.Enumerable.OrderBy[TSource,TKey](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 keySelector)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Session.SessionManager.TranslateItemForPlayback(String id, User user)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Session.SessionManager.<SendPlayCommand>d__79.MoveNext()

I tried pressing the play button next to the next up episode and that doesn’t work either for me.

Doing that works fine for me.

If you bring up a console in the browser (ctrl-shift-j in chrome) are there errors in it when you try to play?

@@ebr no errors in the console. Just says “Requesting URL without automatic networking” The same thing comes up whenever I click on anything in the web app.

@@Luke That’s great thanks!