not allowe users to delite media as defolt

chali

Unfortunatley no matter what we choose as the default, someone will not be happy. Best thing to do is edit the user after creating it and set it the way you want. Thanks !

of course, everyone has different views on things,

One god middle way would be to have a choice when creating a new account if its a user or  admin, if you choose admin it can delete material, if its a user it can't as default.

same thing with controlling dlna devices , share on social media etc  

Edited by chali

Well you do, don't you? The new user screen is just a simplified version where you enter the user name.

Enter user name -> create user -> this brings you to the edit user screen for the new user -> now you're right there and can set whatever you like

thewiggilywigs

How do you guys think about group permissions similar to AD Groups but for emby, in emby we could create a group called restricted or whatever and assign that group a set of perms like not allowing it to delete media, then once the user account is created it prompts what groups we want to add this user into and permissions then come from the group instead of of having to do it each time for every user.

thewiggilywigs

I think groups are a good idea for the future, yes.

Sounds good, not that I'll likely ever be a subscriber of the 1000 Devices Monthly package but I imagine people with anything above the standard 15 devices would appreciate it as they're bound to be running multiple users as well. 

On a side note, genuinely interested to know without going into too much detail, has anyone took the plunge on the 75/100/1000 device package and without going into specifics, what are they hotels or something? I don't even want to imagine the kind of hardware you'll need to serve that many clients.

mastrmind11

On a side note, genuinely interested to know without going into too much detail, has anyone took the plunge on the 75/100/1000 device package and without going into specifics, what are they hotels or something? I don't even want to imagine the kind of hardware you'll need to serve that many clients.

Yeah, I'd imagine they'd all have to be local direct play/stream clients or the rack space would easily offset the revenue generated by the jacked monthly subscriptions.