Dark Theme - Odd Theme Issue

xyz

When loading any of the dark themes in the emby web app I frequently have issues with the admin panel navigation bar, buttons, and text field colors all turning white. This also effects the login page, and the information page for videos. In firefox I can fix this for a single reload by doing a hard refresh, in chrome even with a hard refresh it's hard to get some of it back.

I can't think of anything I've changed recently that might cause this behavior.

No resources are failing to load, no errors in the console, seemingly nothing interesting in the server logs.

Traffic goes Requester > CloudFlare > TCP Reverse Proxy > SSL Reverse Proxy > Emby. I've verified it's not a cache issue by putting cloudflare into development mode to disable the cache, removing all cache files on the ssl reverse proxy (and recreating the container to ensure everything's gone), and running browser tests in no cache mode (and using hard refreshes). Emby is running under the official docker container. I've recreated that as well, the only thing that survived the wipe is the /config folder.

What it should look like,

post-244834-0-84257100-1514258376_thumb.png

What it generally looks like (firefox),

post-244834-0-83653800-1514258381_thumb.png

Best chrome generally shows it,

post-244834-0-04533700-1514258371_thumb.png

Worst for chrome,

post-244834-0-19504400-1514258365_thumb.png

Video details example, 

post-244834-0-66108100-1514258870_thumb.jpg

Edit: Solved I guess. Completely cleared my browser cache in firefox and chrome and it seems to have resolved the issue. I'm not sure why this produced a different effect from hard refreshes and no-cache or why it even became an issue in the first place.

Edited by xyz

Thanks for the report. We'll take a look.

Want to make sure you saw my edit at the bottom, I was able to resolve it by fully clearing the cache in both browsers.

I've never used the light themes so I'm not entirely sure what might've caused the caching issue. I did move emby to a new environment a little while back then restored it from the backup created by the backup plugin. Maybe pre restore emby had defaulted to a light theme. I feel like I'd seen this issue before that happened though I'm not absolutely certain.

I should also make clear that the items in the side bar are loading, just can't see it because it's all the same color.

Edited by xyz

Happened again actually, I reloaded once and it did the white sidebar thing again. Then I did a hard refresh and it only loaded in a white theme. Subsequent refreshes also showed the white theme.

To resolve it I went into my profile and changed the them to Dark (red), somehow one of the themes had been set to very dark and the other dark (red). I'm positive I'd previously had both set to dark (red), not the first time I've noticed them be different from what I'd set. Then went back into the control panel and it was resolved. I'm not sure if it was the act of changing the theme that fixed it, or if it was navigating out of the dashboard and back into it.

I'm not sure if it's related, but around the time I noticed the Backup and Restore plugin's icon wasn't loading and I was getting a 403. I navigated to it directly and was getting a cloudflare challenge screen from embydata.com. I'm not sure if there are other resources that load from there that may attribute to the issue, I don't see any others external dependencies load in the dom's network tab.

All white,

post-244834-0-51220400-1514313846_thumb.png

What my theme settings were when this was occuring,

post-244834-0-86799100-1514313852_thumb.png

Edited by xyz