stoping a video does not allow to continue from same point but instead shows as watched

Dariusz

Dariusz

Sure, but that's just a workaround. 

yes.. the issue within emby by adding smb://ipaddress location still exists.. if u need any more data to fix it, i have no problem adding a folder with some videos through smb:// and keep providing you with data to correct this..

alucryd

I can reproduce, setting up a library from a samba share on the Asustor NAS, I can't resume any file, and stopping playback instantly marks the file as done, either from the web interface or kodi. This is probably not specific to Asustor, any samba share from anywhere is probably going going to behave like that. The smb.conf from asustor looks fine and charsets are set to UTF-8 so I don't get that charset error in the logs.

@@Luke Do you know of anyone who successfully set up samba shares on any platform and doesn't experience this behavior ?

@@Dariusz The smb.conf file is located at "/volume0/usr/builtin/etc/samba/smb.conf", could you please share its contents ?

Dariusz

I can reproduce, setting up a library from a samba share on the Asustor NAS, I can't resume any file, and stopping playback instantly marks the file as done, either from the web interface or kodi. This is probably not specific to Asustor, any samba share from anywhere is probably going going to behave like that. The smb.conf from asustor looks fine and charsets are set to UTF-8 so I don't get that charset error in the logs.

@@Luke Do you know of anyone who successfully set up samba shares on any platform and doesn't experience this behavior ?

@@Dariusz The smb.conf file is located at "/volume0/usr/builtin/etc/samba/smb.conf", could you please share its contents ?

i attached the file.. right now i don't have any smb:// locations linked through emby.. the last entry there is based on me creating a samba share in asustor and then linking it as local folder in asustor.. i will create a new smb:// location in emby and will resubmit later. 

update.. 

so i am unable to upload this file as i get a message that i am not allowed to upload this kind of file.. tried it in rar format as well and i get the same message..

any particular part of the file u are interested in seeing? i can just copy and paste that content

Edited by Dariusz

• 1 month later...
Dariusz

@@Dariusz, would you mind trying smb with the latest beta server? Thanks !

@@Luke seems that smb is working correctly now when I play it back and I am able to pause and resume.. tho I did notice in my logs since i installed 3.3.1.16beta that any video i play now gets a transcoding entry in the logs, doesn't seem it does direct play.. doesn't matter if it is smb location or local.. this is while watching using a browser from emby server.. i will try later to see if it still happens when I play it from another device using kodi..

Can you attach an ffmpeg log from smb based playback? I am curious to see that. thanks.